Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to consider though, more teams = more max slots = less players teaming up.

This also gonna mean some 3rd option mfers gonna end up getting the max.

But ill take that if it means just a bit less team ups.

That shit also means more players who really shouldn't be in the league being in the league. Too many teams waters the league down IMO.

Competition would be better with contraction of teams not expansion.

I thought you were talking about Kansas City Missouri instead of Kansas, St. Louis would get a team before the state of Kansas IMO

That shit also means more players who really shouldn't be in the league being in the league. Too many teams waters the league down IMO.

Competition would be better with contraction of teams not expansion.

to play devil’s advocate

But there’s also complaints about players being out the league when they should be in the league

there’s also a 60 player draft every year

and there’s no other time in history players around the world have been this talented

I thought you were talking about Kansas City Missouri instead of Kansas, St. Louis would get a team before the state of Kansas IMO
Well Kansas City Missouri and Kansas is really the same area so tomato tomato but I said St. Louis at first but I changed it to Kansas City because if it was in St Louis I could argue that should be in the East

small difference but I was thinking about proximity to the Texas teams and Denver

If entertainment was a factor, OKC, and Indy wouldn't have a team. Kansas only cares about the Jayhawks. Unless that team is filled with former Jayhawks it wouldn't sell. I would definitely take St. Louis over KC Missouri. The Lou is already a sports town. The infrastructure is already in place.

to play devil’s advocate

But there’s also complaints about players being out the league when they should be in the league

there’s also a 60 player draft every year

and there’s no other time in history players around the world have been this talented

All this so called talent and you got teams like the wizards, kings, and magic that haven't come close to doing shit in decades. Expansion ain't going to make that better.

For the bold that seems to be folks in organizations doing favors for folks and ain't really shit can be done about that.

If entertainment was a factor, OKC, and Indy wouldn't have a team. Kansas only cares about the Jayhawks. Unless that team is filled with former Jayhawks it wouldn't sell. I would definitely take St. Louis over KC Missouri. The Lou is already a sports town. The infrastructure is already in place.
okay so in this scenario if Seattle and St. Louis was added

Tell me what happens to Minnesota, Memphis, St. Louis as far as how they are grouped

All this so called talent and you got teams like the wizards, kings, and magic that haven't come close to doing shit in decades. Expansion ain't going to make that better.

For the bold that seems to be folks in organizations doing favors for folks and ain't really shit can be done about that.
Just because those teams are bad doesn’t mean talent is spread too thin

wizards have had Beal, wall, Westbrook, Porzingis come through in recent years

kings have had Fox, Sabonis, Bagley (not a talent reason they fucked up this pick but they also didn’t play him much to develop correctly)

magic…..vucevic

I could argue that instead of a weak talent pool it’s poor management

as far as the favor thing, I can agree to an extent

okay so in this scenario if Seattle and St. Louis was added

Tell me what happens to Minnesota, Memphis, St. Louis as far as how they are grouped
It's moot bcuz St. Louis ain't getting a team. I'm just saying St. Louis is better suited for a team than a team in Kansas or Missouri.

Just because those teams are bad doesn’t mean talent is spread too thin

wizards have had Beal, wall, Westbrook, Porzingis come through in recent years

kings have had Fox, Sabonis, Bagley (not a talent reason they fucked up this pick but they also didn’t play him much to develop correctly)

magic…..vucevic

I could argue that instead of a weak talent pool it’s poor management

as far as the favor thing, I can agree to an extent

Ok so if it's a management thing don't mean the management of the expansion teams will be any better than the other horrible management teams have now.

Either way shit is wild but as you said earlier expansion is coming.

It's moot bcuz St. Louis ain't getting a team. I'm just saying St. Louis is better suited for a team than a team in Kansas or Missouri.
Lol if you’re gonna push back on my hypothetical dont not answer and tell me it’s moot because they aren’t getting a team.

We know they aren’t but my hypothetical which is now piggy backing off of yours since you changed it is operating on the scenario that they do get a team

tell me what happens with those 3 teams then

Ok so if it's a management thing don't mean the management of the expansion teams will be any better than the other horrible management teams have now.

Either way shit is wild but as you said earlier expansion is coming.
I’m not saying it’s definitely a management thing but to act like those teams are bad because there ain’t enough talent in the league doesn’t really fly

As far as the expansion teams’ management thing. Yeah true but management issues can be solved im just saying the whole there’s not enough talent thing doesn’t seem to be a fully valid point

there’s definitely free agents, G league players, guys on two ways, etc who are good enough to be in the league out there

there’s also a draft coming next year that has more young talent coming. And the next year and so on

Lol if you’re gonna push back on my hypothetical dont not answer and tell me it’s moot because they aren’t getting a team.

We know they aren’t but my hypothetical which is now piggy backing off of yours since you changed it is operating on the scenario that they do get a team

tell me what happens with those 3 teams then
St. Louis if no Vegas
Memphis
Chicago
Indy

Toronto
Minny
Milwaukee
Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back