Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason #5011 I hate comparing eras. The doctors, technology, surgery and rehab techniques are so much better now.

Yup. One of the reasons “the league has never been this deep with talent”while true is misleading on the surface. It is, but not because of the reasons some dudes think. Some niggas say that as a diss on the old players when it shouldn’t be.

It always could have. Just the attrition amount was way higher.

With no modern medicine and injury prevention what happens to Early Steph, Paul George. Shit Kyle Lowry tore his ACL in college. In the 80’s that’s most likely where his story ends.

We still get the Harry Giles of the world here and there but nowhere near as much. Or DRose & Boogie becoming shells of themselves on varying levels.

But we expect Kawhi to just come back hooping, Jamal Murray the same. 40 years ago shiiit lol.

With the bold being true. Why these niggas need load management?

Genetics, food, nutrition, and now knowing the downside of pushing your limits too much when you're in your athletic prime and the ultimate affects it has on your body over your career and during old age.

Information we have now simply wasn't available because time had a tale it needed to tell. These niggas don't want to be walking around uncomfortable like Bill Russell was or like Kareem Abdul jabbar is. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Seen him alot this summer while he was playing in cebl and working out. Not sure how he fits with team now. Damn shame what happened to him. Wasn't drugs or nothing like most people thought just a banned substance in a supplement.
He was hooping for us in Tampa. Crazy how life goes.

I realized yesterday when looking at the ralph Sampson post I should have killed you with Antoine Walker but he never even crossed my mind at the time.

Glad you at least kinda semi admit you were wrong tho. That's progress.
Lol nah I still feel like KG influenced a lot of players we can agree to disagree

Which matchups produce close games like Celtics/heat? Regular season and playoffs who has had matchups as competitive as us the past few years?
lol Idk Axel I don’t care enough to really debate this

I’ll just say close games/competitive series doesn’t automatically mean rivalry

Genetics, food, nutrition, and now knowing the downside of pushing your limits too much when you're in your athletic prime and the ultimate affects it has on your body over your career and during old age.

Information we have now simply wasn't available because time had a tale it needed to tell. These niggas don't want to be walking around uncomfortable like Bill Russell was or like Kareem Abdul jabbar is. 🤷🏿‍♂️

I hear that just doesn't work for me.

Better food, medicine, training, recovery, doctors, shoes, bigger, stronger, faster, etc. Yet at the same time need to miss games and rest for load management.

It's how shit is but I don't agree

Load management is one of those tricky things because I 100% get the benefits behind it.

But at the same time I do feel for the kid from Houston who favorite player is coming to town but the team sits him because they play in Dallas next.

And since Houston is rebuilding now while Dallas is a contending team they opt to play him the game after and steal some rest.

It’s like if you live in a city with a rebuilding squad good luck.

I hear that just doesn't work for me.

Better food, medicine, training, recovery, doctors, shoes, bigger, stronger, faster, etc. Yet at the same time need to miss games and rest for load management.

It's how shit is but I don't agree

I wouldn't necessarily say the food is better.

And load management is not only about rest and recovery, owners are trying to protect their investment and players trying preserve the product they're selling. The business aspect is just so much more prevalent now. There's levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back