Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Draft Thread

More than pleased with the rockets draft after initiallly being annoyed that the magic took Banchero.

Jabari seems to be the more natural fit as it stands. His shooting and defense will help tremendously. Tari was one of the prospects I mentioned yesterday so I’m glad we didn’t even have to trade up for him. Also looks like we got a backup PG battle coming with TyTy and Daishen Nix our G league PG. Don’t hurt that we picked up some extra 2nd rounders in the process. Pretty good draft for Stone all things considered.

More than pleased with the rockets draft after initiallly being annoyed that the magic took Banchero.

Jabari seems to be the more natural fit as it stands. His shooting and defense will help tremendously. Tari was one of the prospects I mentioned yesterday so I’m glad we didn’t even have to trade up for him. Also looks like we got a backup PG battle coming with TyTy and Daishen Nix our G league PG. Don’t hurt that we picked up some extra 2nd rounders in the process. Pretty good draft for Stone all things considered.
When are we going to have the uncomfortable conversation about scoot?

He gotta show and prove he can be a consistent starting PG next season. I know he’s eligible for an extension this summer but if im the rockets im not doing that.
Ty Ty 2 years younger, doesn’t have known maturity issues, and knows Green and Josh Christopher from AAU as well?!

time for KPJ to pack his bags..

he’s really grown as a player on and off the court but it really doesn’t make sense to keep him

Washington a better shooter and more efficient across the board

starting PG shouldn’t be shooting sub 70% his entire career

Ty Ty 2 years younger, doesn’t have known maturity issues, and knows Green and Josh Christopher from AAU as well?!

time for KPJ to pack his bags..

he’s really grown as a player on and off the court but it really doesn’t make sense to keep him

Washington a better shooter and more efficient across the board

starting PG shouldn’t be shooting sub 70% his entire career
I’m with you. I’m not one of those fans that think KP can’t be replaced lol.

If tyty better give him the job

Had a day to marinate on the draft, feel great about how things turned out...Orlando thought they could okey doke Young Ralph and he did the right thing

Paolo will fit better in Orlando and Jabari falling to us at 3 was the best case scenario for him imo...dude wasn't a number one pick and now he doesn't have to worry about that pressure or unrealistic expectations

Also I think the Rockets were the best team to develop his actual skill set, I want to see him bombing 3s and not that midrange bullshit he would settle for sometimes in college....the fit up front with Sengun is great on both sides of the court too

What I'm most excited about though is we now have a foundation defensively and guys who are going to make a real difference on that end...Eason and Smith both give us a ton of length that we've desperately needed for a long time. If Tari can be a consistent shooter he can and should be a starter day one

TyTy was a steal getting him that late, we have a team full of high energy and at time erratic players....TyTy gives a nice change of pace and a steady hand, we've need someone who can kind of slow things down and get things organized

Overall I think Stone and the front office did a great job with this draft and it's the second one in a row that they nailed....can't wait to see what these boys look like in summer league

People talking about the Knicks trading the 11th pick, but they also drafted Trevor Keels at 42. But Ryan Rollins was still on the board. Even jean Montero is a better prospect.

They deserve criticism for that decision too.

the southwest division gonna be tough af this season

Back