Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I’m not even saying Murray has to be the franchise player I’m just saying he should stay over trae

let’s not get caught up in the wrong argument

I think it’s better to sell high relatively on trae instead of paying him 40 mil to be one of the worst defenders in history and be 6’1 and not be an elite shooter

I think we’re focusing on the leading the franchise thing a bit too much

Why do you think trae isn’t Murray’s equivalent?

he just came off a season averaging an efficient 21/9/8 and 2 steals and was an allstar

What else do you have to do ?
Fuck stats and an all star game. Ain't you the one that be saying " yeah but he's doing it on a bad team"?

Trae is having a bad season but still is on par with his career averages except for fg%. How bout we let them learn to play together and see what happens? Run it back next season then you make a decision.

They saw it as an opportunity to get better Long term and they knew Murray is a nice player but not the type to build around

Not a great shooter and not a great playmaker...being great defensively as a point guard is a luxury but isn't really a necessity, much more important to be able drive efficient offense

Trae is having a terrible year shooting the ball and nobody else on the team can make a 3 either right now but typically Trae has shown he can be the engine of a good offense

Murray is cheaper for now but he going to be looking for a max contract as soon as next season

I'm not hating on the concept of trading Trae Young, I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea and might even happen....but legitimately trying to build around Dejounte Murray is setting yourself up for perennial 8/9 place finishes

Dont tell the hawks that man. I need them to continue finishing 8 to 12.

Already have too much parity in the east.

I looked at some standings from like 5 years ago and saw how 7 and 8 seeds were making it to the playoffs five games under 500.

I miss those days

Fuck stats and an all star game. Ain't you the one that be saying " yeah but he's doing it on a bad team"?

Trae is having a bad season but still is on par with his career averages except for fg%. How bout we let them learn to play together and see what happens? Run it back next season then you make a decision.
lol Murray is better than trae

Yes the one who’s a better shooter and a great rebounder for his position and is a 6’7 Guard to pair next to a 6’4 one instead of a 6’1 one

Mere percentage points when it comes to better shooter. I'll take Trae's passing over Tyler's rebounding all day. Tyler was 6'7 last year but couldn't get on the floor during the playoffs tho.

Mere percentage points when it comes to better shooter. I'll take Trae's passing over Tyler's rebounding all day. Tyler was 6'7 last year but couldn't get on the floor during the playoffs tho.
You’re not getting it man

you’re making strict player to player comparisons

I’m creating a better hawks team with bigger players with better shooting and defense

you wanna get caught up in franchise player talk too and it’s getting too far away

it’s cool

hot takes arent supposed to be taken well

I can totally see the Knicks making that trade to the Hawks and giving up RJ. The idea of “Broadway Trae and Brunson: the best back court in the league” is such a James Dolan idea
:hahaha:
Dolan hasn't been involved since he fired Phil and partly why they didn't do Donovan trade besides Ainge being a dick was the smaller back court issue. Trae is far worse it would be a dumbass trade if they actually tried.

All I know is they just gave up 3 first for murray so you’re not moving him

Trae is a better trade chip

Trae is way more expensive

so he should be the one to go out of the two

I think the hawks’ ceiling will be higher and window being open longer with Murray over trae

I feel like you could build a better team around Murray than trae

that’s the point

You’re not getting it man

you’re making strict player to player comparisons

I’m creating a better hawks team with bigger players with better shooting and defense

you wanna get caught up in franchise player talk too and it’s getting too far away

it’s cool

hot takes arent supposed to be taken well

Every team wants bigger players with better shooting and defense. You have to play the hand you are deal tho. Who said they were done making moves?

You're changing a team 45 games into a slow start. A team that just recently beat yall btw. Let them cook for a couple of seasons. Play GM with the Heats. Yall ain't actually lighting the league on fire.

Every team wants bigger players with better shooting and defense. You have to play the hand you are deal tho. Who said they were done making moves?

You're changing a team 45 games into a slow start. A team that just recently beat yall btw. Let them cook for a couple of seasons. Play GM with the Heats. Yall ain't actually lighting the league on fire.
First the Ja defense and now this

I don’t like you today man lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back