2022/2023 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA has signed a branding partnership with La Liga
They think it's all over… it is now!

News by Liv Ngan Contributor
Published on 2 Aug 2022

EA Sports and LaLiga partnership logo.

La Liga, Spain's top football division, has entered "a one of a kind, multi-year partnership" with EA Sports.

The league is home to some of the biggest football clubs in the world, such as Real Madrid and Barcelona.

The sponsorship deal, which Marca reports will cost EA €30m euros a year, will include "title-naming rights for all La Liga competitions" and a "complete rebrand of La Liga with EA Sports including all logos, graphics, fonts and other visual elements".

A statement from La Liga also details the league's interest in technology and grassroot initiatives with EA to "truly immerse fans into the world of football" both in reality and virtually.

This new partnership comes after EA and FIFA parted ways in May, after 30 years of collaboration between the two.

Could EA have previously signed such a deal while allied with FIFA? As we previously reported, EA has discussed how the FIFA licensing deal restricted it from bringing in new commercial partners, as well as the abililty to build experiences where football fans can watch and create content.

EA's sponsorship of La Liga will begin in the 2023/24 season, with more information coming in the next few months.

Chelsea in for de Jong. Man Utd will take a big L if this happens.
I was told to look out for straight swap with City for B Silva.

Let me get your honest feedback (and other man United fans eg @GNS ) ... what's Donny been doing preseason?

Has he performed, underwhelmed etc? I mean everyone was screaming "free Donny" under OGS, he got loaned out under the interim so now he's back with ETH, I'm curious to know if the other managers were wrong about him?

Also said this time again, Neves is literally there for the taking. Drop 40m on wolves doorstep and it would have been a done deal in 48hrs...no one seems to want to touch him/take the gamble. But I genuinely see him being a great solution for man United or Arsenal in the CDM deep playmaker position

Let me get your honest feedback (and other man United fans eg @GNS ) ... what's Donny been doing preseason?

Has he performed, underwhelmed etc? I mean everyone was screaming "free Donny" under OGS, he got loaned out under the interim so now he's back with ETH, I'm curious to know if the other managers were wrong about him?

Also said this time again, Neves is literally there for the taking. Drop 40m on wolves doorstep and it would have been a done deal in 48hrs...no one seems to want to touch him/take the gamble. But I genuinely see him being a great solution for man United or Arsenal in the CDM deep playmaker position

I‘’m personally starting to see what Donny does. His off the ball work is where he is key, tracking players, making space etc…he works well in the two 8s and a 6 ETH has been using pre season. He’s not gonna pull off the Hollywood pass, but he gets in and around the box.

I think he would end up being a starter if we got de Jong and ETH can fully implement his system.

I think we will end up with Neves which was always the plan before ETH but he will cost between £60-£70m tho so I do get the clubs stance on sticking with de Jong until it definitely can’t happen.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
I‘’m personally starting to see what Donny does. His off the ball work is where he is key, tracking players, making space etc…he works well in the two 8s and a 6 ETH has been using pre season. He’s not gonna pull off the Hollywood pass, but he gets in and around the box.

I think he would end up being a starter if we got de Jong and ETH can fully implement his system.

I think we will end up with Neves which was always the plan before ETH but he will cost between £60-£70m tho so I do get the clubs stance on sticking with de Jong until it definitely can’t happen.

So assuming de jong comes, midfield starting three is de jong #6 with Bruno and vdb as #8s?

So assuming de jong comes
john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back