Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/2023 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasnt done great things??? He worked his way up from managing University football teams... Took Ostersund from the 4th tier of Swedish football to the Europa League and beating Arsenal away...

Took Championship Swansea to the FA Cup quarter final against City, they were 2-0 up in the first half too...

Then took Brighton from a boring relegation fodder to exciting giant beaters in the EPL, finishing in 9th last season and left them in a Champions League position this season with a great squad...

Not to mention the 100's of millions he raised in selling and replacing his best players...

Yeah i hear all that but sports is binary; win or lose.

Doing great at any club is winning. Like Michael Laudrup did with Swansea (their only trophy ever).

Winning the Sweden Cup is good but when looking for competency at the elite end, that isn't anymore of an indicator than winning the championship.

Neither is winning at clubs like celtic, rangers or ajax. Last elite ajax manager won them the CL.

@RetroLDN out of interest…who would you have appointed Manager once Ole and Rangnick were gone?
Don't know how viable it would've been but Zizou, Marcelo Gallardo or any proven winner, either one without a club or buying him out of his contract.

Gallardo was doing legendary things at River plate, that's the kinda person who's potential you bank on. Smh.

I’m really tired of these idiots ESPN stated the match was at 10:30 AM CST I m outside walking the dog I see the match is already in the 2nd half I’m sick of this shit lol

Martial back for 25mins game time

Newcastle quietly going about their business. Best defence in the league, currently 3rd in the table..

FF8Fy7XXIAEk9Gw.jpg

Yeah i hear all that but sports is binary; win or lose.

Doing great at any club is winning. Like Michael Laudrup did with Swansea (their only trophy ever).

Winning the Sweden Cup is good but when looking for competency at the elite end, that isn't anymore of an indicator than winning the championship.

Neither is winning at clubs like celtic, rangers or ajax. Last elite ajax manager won them the CL.

You said he hasnt done any great things, just pointing out he has done tons of great things as a manager...

Your point is basically only managers that have won the EPL, La Liga or Serie A have done great things??? Managers need a chance to step up, so far every chance Potter has been given to step up, hes taken it... He may fail this time, part of me hopes he does tbh, cant deny he hasnt done great things though...

Your point is basically only managers that have won the EPL, La Liga or Serie A have done great things???

What? Nope. I just gave an example of Laudrup winning the league Cup.

Every season in england, there are 3 domestic top-flight trophies available to every PL team; hence why they're considered major honours.

How you rank them is purely down to subjectivity and marketing. Once again, sky sports has gotten the masses to think only PL has any relevancy or importance cause those are the matches they generate money from.

Despite being around for longer, the FA Cup is only held in higher regard to the league Cup cause it was broadcast on free TV and every club (and fan interest) in the nation gets to participate. Which in my view, just waters the competition and make its less superior to the league cup cause only the pro leagues get to compete in that.

However like I said, it's a matter of subjectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back