Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/2023 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. This isn't directed just to you. The sport of football is at fault for making it's fans very ignorant or forgetful to what matters. From it's focus on meaningless "wins", stats devoid of context, to something like transfer dealings.

Despite damn near every footy fan having far vested interest in them than ever before, most seem to lack understanding of it.

Clubs don't view transfers through the prism of how much is the transfer fee cost. Each transfer is paid on a yearly instalment based on the duration of the player's contract (i.e. 5yr contract, results in 5 yearly installments). Clubs view it has "how much is he going to cost per year; transfer installment fee, agent fees, player's wages, guaranteed bonus and bonuses expected to hit, image rights or whatever miscellaneous contractual additions. Adding up lump sum "net fee per annum".

This is why actual football journalists (ie. Duncan Castles) use actual football parlance like "net sum per year" and others more focused/consumed with their cult of personality (i.e Fabrizio Romano) focus on the transfer fee total.

Anthony is on 20k per week at Ajax. Even at a 200% wage increase, that represents a cheaper deal than signing a player already on 200k for 60m. Hence why Ten Hag is attempting to get players who are all on low wages, FdJ is just another "hey, at least we tried" yearly United ploy.

The media and the sport itself breeds this ignorance..
Bruh, I know you like to argue but wtf are you talking about? Clubs don’t care about the transfer fee? Why do they bother negotiating them then?

If what your saying is true, clubs would just negotiate with players and pay whatever the selling club is asking for…this doesn’t happen…
"I like to argue", lol. Not quite.

Once again, your reading comprehension is lacking. I didn't state they don't care about the transfer fee. Your rebuttal is a red herring.

What I stated was clear and simple. No need for me to rehash it.

If you have any actual rebuttal, offer it or just agree to disagree with your silence.
You originally quoted my post with an explanation on how transfers are done.

Why? If it wasn’t about the cost of players what was the point? I already know how transfers are done and how clubs look at them. It doesn’t change the fact that prices of players has gone up.

*Sigh

The Tifo Gods heard your back and forth, and decided to drop this a few hours ago lol

Jeez they broke man's jaw.... That's fucked up!

Guess that's the cost of doing business for a young "flashy" millionaire

v_UH8m.gif

x4 CL... turned into a feeder club

Despite over 200m net gain in transfers in recent years, and that's excluding this summer's window. Ocampos pay package is too much.

If it destabilises the dressing room then I understand sticking to the structure

If it destabilises the dressing room then I understand sticking to the structure

It's only a vaild reason if he's not a direct replacement for Anthony and meant for sub duty. Otherwise any disgruntled player they feel will help them reclaim the CL, should get an increase. They have the means to do so, the CL is just not an objective.

Glazers only difference from the Ajax leadership is their debt-leverage acquisition of United. They both just pocket the money and spend far less than they could. Ajax just happen to play in a league where other owners aren't wealthy (to my limited knowledge).

At this point, especially with the new Auba developments, I def see Boehly just signing CR7 and telling Tuchel to stfu.

but then again, as I’ve stated multiple times, even Ronaldo would suffer playing with this MF and Mount
I’ve been saying this forever, without trolling, CR7 I right for y’all. Yes, he won’t run and press and all the defensive shit he hasn’t done in career but he’ll be right there to finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back