Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Playoffs West 1st Round: #2 Phoenix Suns vs #7 2020 Bubble Champs lose in 2021 non bubble playoffs..1st Rd too? (PHX wins 4-2)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
“Championship Kuz” with 0 points

that’ll change (I don’t know how much though)

crowder was also 0-7 from three (I don’t see that staying the same)

Drummond sucks and you can start AD at the 5 and start Morris maybe but idk if AD wants those issues

Lakers bench ain’t really all that dynamic now that I look at

you have hype machine THT, Mr charge in Caruso, wes matthews who got shitted on by laker fans most of the year, Kuzma and then....goon for hire Morris and Ben mclemore

wheres the offense coming from outside of the guy who puts mirrors on his shirt?

Is Lebron’s shoulder okay? Lol

Deandre Ayton arrived a long time ago.

So much for a lack of experience. In his playoff debut, Devin Booker put 34 points on the top defense in the NBA. Defenders were draped over him at times and he still got buckets. It looked like a game from the 2000s. He pulled up multiple times with Anthony Davis’s arms stretching to contest his shots. It was vintage, and it was beautiful. The Suns won a game behind his efforts, as well as those from a bunch of other playoff virgins like Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, and Ayton.

In his third season, Ayton has emerged as a high-impact two-way center, and this was the best game of his career. He had 21 points and 16 rebounds while playing excellent defense to help the Suns hold the Lakers to only 90 points. Ayton would say he was Dominayton Davis all game long. He held him to 2-for-9 shooting and just four points in their matchups. He outhustled and outmusculed him in the paint.

This is what Ayton offers the Suns, and it’s time to recognize him as the talented center that he is. He has improved upon past weaknesses—effort, defensive awareness, consistency. He isn’t perfect. No third-year center is. But Ayton has been having games like this all season.

I interviewed Ayton for a feature about the Suns earlier this season. During one part of our conversation that didn’t make the story, he said, “the basketball gods blessed me.” I asked him what he meant by that. “The body I have. The opportunity I’m in. The situation I’m in,” Ayton responded. “To have that pressure on me to be the anchor of the defense, I love it. The reality is, it’s a pleasure. I wake up every day knowing that I have my team on my back.” Game 1 proved Ayton walks the talk.

Net_Rating_for_LeBron_James_s_Opponents_in_First_Round.png

Suns are the best team Bron has faced in the 1st round by a mile (not really surprising considering any Bron-lead team is usually top 3)

Back