Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Playoffs East 1st Round: #1 Philadelphia 76ers vs #8 Cozumel Wizards (PHI wins 4-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
moneyline bets>>>

Already made my day a very good day. The rest of the games are icing on the cake.
ezgif-7-92dff098dbb0.gif

Good game by the Wiz for this 1. I expect adjustments to be made and Ben to be more aggressive in Game 2.

Get back on defense, Russ.

Russell Westbrook has played some of the best basketball of his life in recent months to lead the Wizards to a play-in tournament victory and a postseason berth. But for Washington to have any chance of upsetting the Sixers, Westbrook needs to give much more on defense.

Westbrook’s defense on Sunday would have been more forgivable if he was on offensively, but that wasn’t the case. He had 16 points on 17 shots with 14 assists and six turnovers. He’s now shooting 39.4 percent over his last 25 playoff games going back to 2016-17. Westbrook’s highs are exhilarating. Triple-doubles. Ferocious slams. Clutch shots. Emotion. The lows are a lot like Sunday, with sloppy turnovers, forced jumpers, and aloof defense.

What's one adjustment you'd like to see one team make after Game 1?

Pelton: I'd like to see the Wizards start Davis Bertans in place of either Rui Hachimura or Raul Neto. Washington's offense desperately needs the threat Bertans' shooting presents to open up the floor. The Wizards were plus-9 in Bertans' 28 minutes on Sunday. It's doubtful they'd remain that effective with Bertans overlapping more with Joel Embiid's playing time, but Bertans simply needs to play more than the 28 minutes he saw in Game 1. Starting is the easiest way to facilitate that.

Not a bad first half.

Sixers are doing this by committee. Joel hasn’t been killin like normal, but he’s got 15. Tobi had a bad moment with the ankle, but he’s back. They gotta put someone on Beal at all times, or he might fuck around and have 50.

2nd half gotta go back to letting Joel tear shit up in the paint.

I heard someone threw popcorn on Russ as they ushered him out limping. That’s some bullshit.

Security needs to power bomb that muhfucka off the 5th row onto the floor for that wack shit. We ain’t with that fuckery, not even to an adversary.

Back