Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Finals: Phoenix Suns vs Milwaukee Bucks (BUCKS WIN 2️⃣nd NBA TITLE)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the whole league isn’t xenophobic, I agree. I also agree it is a lot of cliques. I also agree that Giannis from what he has stated (himself) isn’t the most buddy buddy as far as working out with non family or teammates

but……..

it isn’t a coincidence that a decent amount of the foreign born and raised players don’t get as much love via social media or publicly from their peers In the league.

This isn’t just new either, It’s historical. Not too mention how bad a lot of the media in the United States of America is when covering the foreign born and raised players in the NBA.

maybe with the players it has more to do with the cliques but a lot of guys are way quicker to give credit to American born and raised guys than they are foreign born and raised guys. I mean a ton of the players I’ve rooted for over the years have been foreign born and raised and I’ve seen the difference for many years with how they’ve been treated.
Nah it was terrible back in the day they assumed every foreign player was soft. It's gotten better but i agree there's a disconnect between American born and foreign players. Embiid and Luka seem excluded from that tho

Nah it was terrible back in the day they assumed every foreign player was soft. It's gotten better but i agree there's a disconnect between American born and foreign players. Embiid and Luka seem excluded from that tho

Luka is an anomaly. Lol he still has folks who come at him different than his American counterparts but overall he gets hella respect

Joel Embiid went to college in the states and I think that helped him some.

But in the past it was really bad and has gotten better like you said. I just think it's some what natural to be more apprehensive when dealing with the unfamiliar. A lot of the foriegn born and raised players grew up different and have different world views. So it takes more for the players to warm up,to the foriegn guys. Not too mention a good amount of the players don't know or care to learn more about stuff outside this country

I honestly don't think alot of the guys are bad people though.

Last edited:
It's crazy how hard it is to find Kobe's these days but damn near every NBA player is rocking multiple new color ways and shit. LMAO.

I wonder what Vanessa Bryant is going to try and do now that she didn't re up with Nike? Is she gonna try and do a new deal with another company or go independent?

Back