Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

Random but I was at my daughter's soccer game this past Sunday when this white dude starts talking to me.

This my daughter first time in this league and our daughters are on the same team. So I'm cheering for her and he comes to introduce himself.

We do the usual small talk then the subject got to sports. So he goes on to tell me how he's a huge NBA fan like he eat, breathes, shit NBA. He tells me that Garrett Temple lives in his neighborhood and that he sees him riding a bike in the off-season and shit then goes "I wonder what he's up to now"

I was confused cause you just told me you were an NBA fan but you don't know what he's doing? So I said, he got traded to the Pelicans. And the look on his face was in complete shock. He had no idea.

You don't have to exaggerate your interest in something for the sake of convo when meeting a stranger for the first time lol. I mean Temple and his family are a BIG deal here in BR and I'm not saying you gotta know about every player that is involved in a trade but I would think at the very least you would know where your hometown players are in the league most of the time.

Houston is where I’d look

id take John wall if he give back a year or stretch it(we gotta rework the deal)

grab A young boy plus A C Wood or Gordon

couple unprotected. Bout good as it gets imo

Wait? Would Griff do a Ben for Zion?
I thought about Wall for Zion the other day as an unlikely scenario

I don’t think Ben because Pelicans have to match salary

Idk if I can blame homie for not keeping up with Garrett temple who been on 5 teams in 4 years
Like I said, his family is a BIG deal in Baton Rouge. BR is small af. I haven't followed temple's career to the T, but I can name at least 3 of the teams he's played for just casually keeping up with it.

Like I don't expect none of y'all to know what Tyrus Thomas is doing. Dude been out there league for years but he's an assistant coach here in BR for one of the high schools. Plus the nigga almost 7ft. Not too many of them niggas just posted up in BR.

Like I said, his family is a BIG deal in Baton Rouge. BR is small af. I haven't followed temple's career to the T, but I can name at least 3 of the teams he's played for just casually keeping up with it.

Like I don't expect none of y'all to know what Tyrus Thomas is doing. Dude been out there league for years but he's an assistant coach here in BR for one of the high schools. Plus the nigga almost 7ft. Not too many of them niggas just posted up in BR.
Don't ever bring this bum up ever again

Keeping up with a 35 year old 10th man that’s used as trade filler or as mentor who is on a different team every year is crazy

Basically chastising about not knowing what Garrett temple is up to is a weird hill lol

he gonna teach kira Lewis how to wear a suit, he gonna teach someone else how to stay ready on the bench, then give out plates at a soup kitchen until he’s traded in February

Basically chastising about not knowing what Garrett temple is up to is a weird hill lol

he gonna teach kira Lewis how to wear a suit, he gonna teach someone else how to stay ready on the bench, then give out plates at a soup kitchen until he’s traded in February

Teach him the same thing UD been teaching Heat Players?

Looks like this is pretty much the rotation at least to start the season

Not exactly thrilled about the Wood/Theis front court but understand it...and it allows all of the back up center minutes to go to Sengun which is good and Kenyon Martin Jr can hold down the back up 4

Its sounds like its between Tate and Gordon for the starting 3 role with House and Nwaba getting minutes there as well

Jalen Green, KPJ and DJ Augustin handling the rock

We might have the worst defense in the league this season unless C.Wood really takes a step forward but offensively I think we should be pretty solid

Do players actively look for any criticism towards them?

Shit gotta be exhausting.
they either google their name like the IG chicks do with this site or some "fan" trying to go viral or seek attention finds something like that and tags him to the tweet

all the shit lame af to me

Back