Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

Big news for the wolves

This is very interesting, don't usually see GMs leave a good team like this...Jokic about to sign the supermax, getting Porter Jr and Murray back, feels Denver should have as good of a shot as anybody

Denver has one of the smaller front offices in the league and they also have a track record of losing good front court personnel

I legit can't wait for this draft, I think it's going to be pure chaos and madness

I think OKC is going to be bullshitting and doing the whole "our front office is two steps ahead of everyone else" shtick" keeping everything underwraps as much as possible throughout the draft process. We honestly won't know what they're going to do until it's they're on the clock imo.....not looking forward to watching them go through

I'm absolutely fascinated with picks 4-8......Sacramento, Detroit, Indiana, Portland and maybe New Orleans are going to swing the draft and pretty much dictate what happens

Sacramento, Indiana, Portland are trying to figure if they're are rebuilding or retooling

Detroit and New Orleans can go several ways

Detroit is really interesting because I think the Pistons are going to be challenging for a playoff/play-in spot and with Cade I don't know how many more opportunities you're going to get at a top 5 pick....they really need to prudent and make a wise decision here

I legit can't wait for this draft, I think it's going to be pure chaos and madness

I think OKC is going to be bullshitting and doing the whole "our front office is two steps ahead of everyone else" shtick" keeping everything underwraps as much as possible throughout the draft process. We honestly won't know what they're going to do until it's they're on the clock imo.....not looking forward to watching them go through

I'm absolutely fascinated with picks 4-8......Sacramento, Detroit, Indiana, Portland and maybe New Orleans are going to swing the draft and pretty much dictate what happens

Sacramento, Indiana, Portland are trying to figure if they're are rebuilding or retooling

Detroit and New Orleans can go several ways

Detroit is really interesting because I think the Pistons are going to be challenging for a playoff/play-in spot and with Cade I don't know how many more opportunities you're going to get at a top 5 pick....they really need to prudent and make a wise decision here

They saying the raptors trying to make a play on one of those picks. Might be time to move on from van vleet if he can't decide on the right extension number one of him, Trent Jr or Og have to go cause they're all gonna be up for new deals. Van vleet is obviously a leader but siakam leap frogged him in the hierarchy and priority. Trent and og fit the timeline more because of their age.

Gonna be interesting to see if Masai/Webster makes a play on one of those picks.

Nick nurse had Benedict Mathurin up close working out with the Canadian national team last year and apparently loves him.

They saying the raptors trying to make a play on one of those picks. Might be time to move on from van vleet if he can't decide on the right extension number one of him, Trent Jr or Og have to go cause they're all gonna be up for new deals. Van vleet is obviously a leader but siakam leap frogged him in the hierarchy and priority. Trent and og fit the timeline more because of their age.

Gonna be interesting to see if Masai/Webster makes a play on one of those picks.

Nick nurse had Benedict Mathurin up close working out with the Canadian national team last year and apparently loves him.

Facts, the Raptors are in a very interesting and malleable situation

After next seasons yalls books a fairly clean besides OG and Siakam....Van Vleet, Trent, Precious and Barnes all have player or team options

Yall can pivot in a lot of different directions depending on what Masai wants to do

Facts, the Raptors are in a very interesting and malleable situation

After next seasons yalls books a fairly clean besides OG and Siakam....Van Vleet, Trent, Precious and Barnes all have player or team options

Yall can pivot in a lot of different directions depending on what Masai wants to do

The way Barnes and siakam handled pg duties, Trent and precious emergence and van vleet being 28 having 1 yr + player option on his deal it might be the best time to sell high on him.

They could just as easy double down on this group. They placed 5th in the East only 2 games back of 2nd, 8 players deep with the worst bench production in the league.

Barnes, Trent, og, precious will all 23 and under and will more than likely improve.
Siakam will have a whole summer healthy under his belt as opposed to having to recover from surgery and we know he maximizes his off-seasons.

Van vleet, and boucher shouldn't see drop off. And thaddeus young definitely has another season or 2 of positive production in him.

If we can add 1 or 2 bench pieces and couple it with our usual organic growth we'll be okay. If Barnes takes an even bigger step than expected it's up.

Back