Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

I might feel different if I hadnt seen Cam Johnson show some positive flashes that he might be able to handle a larger role offensively at some point and can do more of the dribble than just catch and shoot

I do like Ayton but I dont see him being a top 5 center offensively or defensively and if he's not doing that I feel like I can replace what he gives

Ill be interested to see what he does in the playoffs this postseason though....he had some very favorable matchups last year until the Milwaukee series which didn't go great for him

It isn’t too many front court players in general that are a plus offensively and defensively in the NBA and at the center position it’s even less……..

I’m not saying the guy is a max player because I agree with anybody who says he is not but unfortunately the market dictates he is.

I do think Cameron Johnson is a good player but I just think it is harder to find a big guy and even harder to find a center as young as Ayton that is a plus offensively while not being mediocre to a liability on defense

It isn’t too many front court players in general that are a plus offensively and defensively in the NBA and at the center position it’s even less……..

I’m not saying the guy is a max player because I agree with anybody who says he is not but unfortunately the market dictates he is.

I do think Cameron Johnson is a good player but I just think it is harder to find a big guy and even harder to find a center as young as Ayton that is a plus offensively while not being mediocre to a liability on defense
Cam Johnson a high value role player or 3rd option at his peakest of peaks

When saric comes back and with bridges’ ascension, I don’t think cam Johnson should be prioritized over Ayton

Now we gotta see how they do w this squad in the playoffs when everything gets turnt up..

They gotta stop complaining and looking for fouls..that ish takes them right out of their game...

Last few minutes of the heat game was a little telling (missing bunnies, getting techs while the heat stayed composed)..hopefully that ish was just for that game
I'm taking that heat game with a grain of salt, we need Rob to beat them they wasn't fuckin with us when Rob was in the lineup. As long as he's playing im not concerned

Its a lose lose cause you are gonna give the max to a player that might never play over 50 games a season.

The opposite might happen and he might turn into an ironman.

But nothing that we've seen indicates that.

Right now, you are just in a position to max out a player who hasnt had a healthy season yet.
I'm all in on Zion let's be optimistic and see it work out

Back