Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

you don’t think if they make another deep playoff run they wouldn’t keep Ayton?

Sarver would be even more hated in Arizona if he doesn’t keep that young man. Lol

I dont see him paying everybody even with the potential cap increase....thats going to be a crazy expensive roster.

I think I might actually lean towards keeping Johnson....I feel like Ayton is more
replaceable and dont think he's a max player especially at center but Im not sure what I'd do in this situation

I dont see him paying everybody even with the potential cap increase....thats going to be a crazy expensive roster.

I think I might actually lean towards keeping Johnson....I feel like Ayton is more
replaceable and dont think he's a max player especially at center but Im not sure what I'd do in this situation

I hope Sarver thinks like you and the Spurs grab him then. Lol. I agree he most likely isn't a max player but he is a young good on both sides of the ball, big man. That is hard to find. Shooters are a bit easier to find eventhough Johsnon is a really good shooter and not a bad defender

I like Jakob but Ayton can actually shoot and is a good defender also. Jakob is a better defender and passer but not being able to hit free throws hurts a team big time. Jakob is also a really good screen setter. That's a super underrated thing alot of fans don't appreciate.

Last edited:

Jaylen has been cookin the past 10 games, we're in a solid groove heading into the playoffs, THIS is why you don't break this duo up

Now we gotta see how they do w this squad in the playoffs when everything gets turnt up..

They gotta stop complaining and looking for fouls..that ish takes them right out of their game...

Last few minutes of the heat game was a little telling (missing bunnies, getting techs while the heat stayed composed)..hopefully that ish was just for that game

I hope Sarver thinks like you and the Spurs grab him then. Lol. I agree he most likely isn't a max player but he is a young good on both sides of the ball, big man. That is hard to find. Shooters are a bit easier to find eventhough Johsnon is a really good shooter and not a bad defender

I like Jakob but Ayton can actually shoot and is a good defender also. Jakob is a better defender and passer but not being able to hit free throws hurts a team big time. Jakob is also a really good screen setter. That's a super underrated thing alot of fans don't appreciate.

I might feel different if I hadnt seen Cam Johnson show some positive flashes that he might be able to handle a larger role offensively at some point and can do more of the dribble than just catch and shoot

I do like Ayton but I dont see him being a top 5 center offensively or defensively and if he's not doing that I feel like I can replace what he gives

Ill be interested to see what he does in the playoffs this postseason though....he had some very favorable matchups last year until the Milwaukee series which didn't go great for him

Spida ain’t a first option IMO

he’s a solid #2 if the # 3 is just as good for his team to win a ring.

Somebody gotta explain to me why somebody who averages 26ppg regular season and 32 ppg in the playoffs isn't a first option because sometimes yall niggas just be saying anything
And he's had multiple 50 point performances idu please explain this one

Screenshot_20220405-093536_Chrome.jpg

He's got the ultimate green light. When he's on, he'll put up great stats. When he's not, his impact on the game is meh.

You can say that for every bucket that doesn't stop him from being a number 1 and he's obviously not off much for this to be a problem ir the jazz success and his stats, then he's the only starting bucket on the team easy to find nagging faults for somebody who has to carry a team offensive in a league where everybody got 2-3 buckets per team

I think it's more of imagining a scenario where he doesn't have to average 32ppg the playoffs.

For a dude his size, that's a ton of effort to put out in the playoffs where teams get multiple chances to actually game plan for you and can actually cause you to exert even more energy to try and contain you.

Imagine if he had a legit player to pair with that could have him play a bit more off ball and not have to use as much energy to score.

Just my two pennies

Idc about #1s or #2s.

You need multiple max or near max players to win a ring.

Ill take Donovan on my team. Pair him with RJ. And then its up to the front office to build a team and get that other near max player.

He can be the 1, the 2, or 3. Idgaf.
Once y'all add Zion and now you got a stew cooking

You can say that for every bucket that doesn't stop him from being a number 1 and he's obviously not off much for this to be a problem ir the jazz success and his stats, then he's the only starting bucket on the team easy to find nagging faults for somebody who has to carry a team offensive in a league where everybody got 2-3 buckets per team
Look I'm not saying he's is a detriment to Utah's success. They will only go as far as he can take them, but Utah needs another bucket getter. I just don't think teams will get far with a shoot first guard. That formula has been tried over and over. It will only get you so far. Ask Iverson, Kobe, Harden etc. Shit, look at Booker in Phoenix. He was putting up numbers but leading the team nowhere. CP3 comes in and becomes a 1A to Booker's 1 and boom, instant success.

(CP3 makes everybody better but my point is Spida needs an equal due to his style of play.)

Spida and the Jazz remind me of Reggie and the Pacers. One real scorer and a bunch of role players. Good teams but their star ain't enough to get them over the hump.

Look I'm not saying he's is a detriment to Utah's success. They will only go as far as he can take them, but Utah needs another bucket getter. I just don't think teams will get far with a shoot first guard. That formula has been tried over and over. It will only get you so far. Ask Iverson, Kobe, Harden etc. Shit, look at Booker in Phoenix. He was putting up numbers but leading the team nowhere. CP3 comes in and becomes a 1A to Booker's 1 and boom, instant success.

(CP3 makes everybody better but my point is Spida needs an equal due to his style of play.)

Spida and the Jazz remind me of Reggie and the Pacers. One real scorer and a bunch of role players. Good teams but their star ain't enough to get them over the hump.
Damn this was perfect

Back