Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NFL Offseason Thread

why are people downplaying Cam coming off a serious injury to his throwing shoulder?

We know he has talent, that's not a question at all, but how is he going to be moving forward especially when b/c of covid, you cant really be physically evaluating these guys like you could in the past

yes, he is a lot better than most of the qb's in the league that should be career backups, but those dudes arent also coming off major injuries

why are people downplaying Cam coming off a serious injury to his throwing shoulder?

We know he has talent, that's not a question at all, but how is he going to be moving forward especially when b/c of covid, you cant really be physically evaluating these guys like you could in the past

yes, he is a lot better than most of the qb's in the league that should be career backups, but those dudes arent also coming off major injuries

THANK YOU. Nobody will acknowledge this man's body being messed up. It's just "He won MVP 5 years ago". His shoulder and foot needed surgery, he's 31, and they still want him running the ball? Ok...

I think it’s all free market value regarding Cam. If other coaches saw him as valuable they would have picked him up for a higher price. Or the demand in the market for a QB is low so he goes at a lower price. I don’t think there’s anything shady going on. I think he’s worth a lot more, but I’m not a GM or head coach either.

A product can be excellent but if nobody wants to buy it it’s going to be sold cheap.

That shoulder injury has other teams skeptical that's why it took this long for cam to get signed plus he takes alot of hits

A big issue is he takes a lot of hits because of his play style. But if you take away his play style (which might be necessary), and make him a mobile pocket QB, he's an average QB with a concerning shoulder. So there's a dilemma there.

Man... what? He threw for more yards than Cam ever has, with a higher completion % than Cam's career average, 24 TD 8 INT. That's struggling? Agreed it wasn't an impressive season by Brady standards... but those numbers are the bar for struggling now?
you better hope and pray Brady at least carry the bucs to the playoffs or you about to be in here looking like a donkey...

I respect what Brady has accomplished, but you speak of him like he isn’t on a decline at this point in his career.. How would you fell if Cam and the Pats finish with a better record than the Bucs ??

Bruh, if you want to read the convo, read the convo. Dude said Brady struggled last year, so I said his stat line, and asked how that's struggling. Then I said it wasn't an impressive season by Brady standards. I didn't gas him up to still be prime Brady.

I was just pointing out the bullshit. Brady threw 4,000 yards 24 TD 8 INT, and dude said he struggled. But if Cam puts up those same numbers this season people would say he balled. That's why I compared his numbers to Cam's.

Dude already asked me if I thought the Bucs were gonna finish better than the Pats. I said I dunno, and I don't doubt Belichick.

That's why I asked how I'd look like a donkey. Where am I gassing Brady or the Bucs up?

And why would I be mad if a team in the other conference, with no real connection to the Bucs finishes with a better record?

When y'all get FA's from another team (especially one in a different conference that you have no real history with), do you worry about your record compared to their old team's record? Yall weird man.

Bellicheat is on a mission to prove that he can do it without Brady. He will design an offense built totally around Cam's skill set. Bellicheat is completely and totally motivated like never before. He will go all in on Cam.

Anyone who is old enough to remember when BB was the Giants DC and he built an unorthodox defensive game plan to beat the high powered and unstoppable Buffalo Bills offense knows what he's capable of. He will put that same effort into building an offense around Cam.

I hate the Patriots and I can't stand Bellicheat. With that said the rest of the league will rue the day that they sat on their asses and allowed Cam to go to New England.

The Patriots are a symbol of America, the system is designed for certain folks to be propped up and protected and have the rules written and changed in their favor.

Patriots are America's team.
Somewhere between Brady leaving n Cam signing...

It's just 1 dude. You know what we will finally get to see if it was the player or the system that made Brady the G O A T.

Cam's style doesn't even fit the Patriots offense, so if he thrives and Brady flops we all know what it is.

Back