Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Playoffs West 1st Round: #1 Los Angeles Lakers vs #8 Portland Trail Blazers won the play in just to lose to the Lakers (LAL win 4-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
blazers probably want a do-over frfr

I think it's more than basketball that's keeping that man from being hired.

Some of It definitely is more than basketball which makes it even worse in my opinion. Jackson reportedly alienated some of the players in his locker room and caused a rift between the team, coaches, front office, and management which Is crazier and worse than his actual strategic know how.

The team and especially Curry played immensely better under the free flowing ball and player movement offense Kerr implemented as opposed to the heavy iso offensive style Jackson ran. Yes the players got better due to being healthy and being more acclimated to the league but the play style change also helped them take it to another level. Not to mention one of the reasons Durant wanted to play with Golden State was due to the way they shared the ball and played offense aka the offensive game plan Kerr implemented.

“I enjoy the way they played basketball,” Durant said. “I never played with shooters like that. That moved. That were versatile players. I wanted to be a part of that.”

He feels his off-ball movement is better and his handles have improved to make him a better playmaker. Balling on a more enlightened, spiritual level, too.

Mark Jackson can't expect other owners and front office executives to unequivocally trust him after the mess that happened in Oakland unless he admits he learned from the mistakes he made and will not do the same things. Nobody is going to hire an okay (at best) coach who they fear is going to try and turn the players against them. Lol

Portland has no answer for AD. He can put up 40 a game against them when he plays like he did tonight.
i honestly dont think they want to stop him tbh. But make sure they try to at best, neutralize LBJ and make the role players beat them

if Dame is out for ANY game, then this this is as good as over

i honestly dont think they want to stop him tbh. But make sure they try to at best, neutralize LBJ and make the role players beat them

if Dame is out for ANY game, then this this is as good as over

It's his non-shooting hand. He'll play.

Some of It definitely is more than basketball which makes it even worse in my opinion. Jackson reportedly alienated some of the players in his locker room and caused a rift between the team, coaches, front office, and management which Is crazier and worse than his actual strategic know how.

The team and especially Curry played immensely better under the free flowing ball and player movement offense Kerr implemented as opposed to the heavy iso offensive style Jackson ran. Yes the players got better due to being healthy and being more acclimated to the league but the play style change also helped them take it to another level. Not to mention one of the reasons Durant wanted to play with Golden State was due to the way they shared the ball and played offense aka the offensive game plan Kerr implemented.

“I enjoy the way they played basketball,” Durant said. “I never played with shooters like that. That moved. That were versatile players. I wanted to be a part of that.”

He feels his off-ball movement is better and his handles have improved to make him a better playmaker. Balling on a more enlightened, spiritual level, too.

Mark Jackson can't expect other owners and front office executives to unequivocally trust him after the mess that happened in Oakland unless he admits he learned from the mistakes he made and will not do the same things. Nobody is going to hire an okay (at best) coach who they fear is going to try and turn the players against them. Lol

Sorry if you already said it and I missed it. But what exactly happened with mark Jackson in golden state that's so unforgivable?

Sorry if you already said it and I missed it. But what exactly happened with mark Jackson in golden state that's so unforgivable?

It's a book out about the Warriors and In it was some of the stuff Mark Jackson did to burn brides with the Warriors front office and ownership. Below is some excerpts from an article on a bit of the stuff he did in Oakland from that book

There were other unseemly episodes detailed in the book, such as Jackson being extorted for money by two individuals, including an ex-stripper — an FBI investigation that went public. His remark after Jason Collins announced he was gay created a firestorm. Citing his Christianity, Jackson made an “I’m praying for him’’ comment that was deemed intolerant. It infuriated team president Rick Welts, who had come out publicly two years earlier. Nevertheless, the larger issues remain with basketball — with accusations of Jackson struggling to get along with Warriors employees other than the players. Lacob made the famous remark: “You can’t have 200 people in the organization not like you.’’ (Jarrett Jack, who played for Jackson with the Warriors, told The Post recently that Jackson got along terrifically with his players.) The book depicted chaos within the coaching staff, leading to assistant coach Brian Scalabrine’s demotion to G-League assistant after not being on speaking terms with Jackson for weeks. Another assistant, Darren Erman, was fired after secretly taping the coaching staff and later claimed Jackson bad-mouthed him to others.

Detailed was a rough relationship with Kirk Lacob, the owner’s son, who was director of basketball operations and allegedly was told not to talk to Jackson’s assistants. NBA legend Jerry West, a consultant, wasn’t warmly welcomed at practice (one of the reasons practice was getting secretly taped), according to “Betaball.’’ Jackson admitted after the firing the breaking point came when he refused to revamp his coaching staff upon ownership’s request.

That's just some of the stuff. It's also rumors about him kinda making outcast out of some of his players who had different or no religious beliefs.

There aren't many people in any profession who can tell their bosses not to come check on their product, while having a bad attitude and keep their job. Lol

Last edited:
Back