Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Playoffs East 1st Round: #3 Boston Celtics vs #6 Philadelphia in Phour. Process couldn't complete (BOS sweeps 4-0 🧹)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont know how you say Caw Caw in French, but for now, its gonna be Oui Oui

#nawf&soufcollide

This muthafucka Hayward man....
Nig got a sprain ankle.....
Just str8 stealing money? at this point.

It’s expected

AP said himself he isn’t a diehard pelicans fan nor does he believe in being diehard

you are correct, i dont consider myself a diehard fan

i dont consider myself a diehard anything. Same goes for the saints. I can still have emotional attachment to the team, celebrate the wins, analyze the losses, and talk about anything else in between, but if they up and left this bitch, i aint shedding no tears or nothing like that. I aint burning no jerseys. I aint stalking former players twitter accounts calling them pussies for leaving etc...

but im not a casual by any means either. I guess when I disagree with a particular take some of you have towards, lets say the pelicans, you may consider it catching feelings or whatever, but i aint trying to be going back and forth for pages talking about niggas I aint never gonna meet. It can be fun banter at times for sure, but there's only a certain amount of energy I'm going to assign to it and once i've reached those levels, its on to the next topic.

I feel i have a pov that is vastly different from Silver and Thor which is why for the most part, we are never on the same page. I wont allow myself to get bent out of shape because the pelicans didnt make the playoffs when Vegas had them winning around 30 or fewer games in the first place. I have hope, i dont have expectations. When you have them, and shit happens to change that, you end up feeling like you were somehow robbed of something. I like the pelicans trajectory if they continue on this path. I think had things gone different with Zion, they might battle it out for an 8th seed, but that shouldnt be the goal. I think had things gone different in the bubble, they make at least the play in game.

Anyone who has watched them for any extensive period of time this season saw the deficiencies and knew that trying to put all of that on the shoulders of a 19 yr old to overcome was unfair af. Franchise FINALLY has a competent owner, GM (although i fucked with demps), some nice young pieces, a bunch of assets. Idk if any of this is going to mount into a title at any point, but at least, it should be a fun ride to see how things play out.

lastly, i dont like the lakers b/c AD went there, I dont like the lakers because i've NEVER liked them. Like at no point since i've been actually watching ball to be able to have an opinion about the sport. Didnt like the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, didnt like the post shaq lakers, didnt like the post kobe lakers, and i dont like them now. My stepdad has been a lakers fan since i've known him and even he'll tell you when we talk ball, i've always talked about the hornets/pelicans and my disdain for the lakers. I just dont go out my way to shit on them.

tl;dr. I enjoyed the season for what it was. Their ending was in line with what I thought would happen. I'm fine with everything.

Go raptors! Go Pacers! Go Blazers

Back