2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Taxstone

I will say I do agree that Trae Young (from some of the comments in this thread) is dangerously becoming a bit overrated after his first 2 seasons. He has to give better effort on defense and he has to be more efficient shooting and taking care of the ball.

Trae isn't a bad player but out of him and Luka Doncic (who has turnover and shooting efficiency issues also) there is a reason why so many people are higher on his upside. Luka finishes better at the rim and his 2 point % as a whole is better than Trae. But the biggest thing is Luka most definitely is easier to hide on defense and isn't as bad a defender. Luka's rebounding is very important and one of his best attributes because it helps get Dallas out on offense quicker.

Both young guys have to give more effort on defense and clean up some stuff offensively but Luka due to his physical make up and play style is closer right now to being a great

Reactions: Sony Montana
These are the notable 2 guards from his era (90’s). Where does Reggie rank?

Michael Jordan
Clyde Drexler
Mitch Richmond
Joe Dumars
Steve Smith
Latrell Sprewell
Eddie Jones
Allan Houston
Sean Elliott
JR Rider
Jimmy Jackson
Jerry Stackhouse

Sean Elliott was a small forward not a 2.

What is the start date and cut off for these 90's era 2 guards, because Drexler was drafted in 1983 and Isaiah Rider was drafted in 1993?

Back when Jordan was dominating it was more of a big man league. Which is another reason why Jordan and the Bulls got so much reverence from the media.

Lol. All that shit cute for the handful of niggas that get paid upfront like bron, steph, kd. Rest of these niggas gotta play to get paid. I don't think people understand these niggas get paid bi weekly like everyone else and even tho its salary it's still pay to play for most of these dudes. Don't put in ya hours... no money. That's what these contracts entail lmao. Like yo ass still gotta show up to work and do your job lol. No way they missing that Christmas day advertising money. Owners already taking major losses as is. Danny green bricking ass definitely suiting up day 1. Fuck wrong w him.

Man...

I'm hella late to all this craziness. Folks in here talking about my beloved Suprs great Ginobili and didn't even @ me to the conversation.

I love Manu and think he no doubt is a 1st ballot hall of fame player but he isn't top 15 all time NBA at the shooting guard position. His resume is hella thin due to being injury prone and being willing to take less minutes for the greater good (protecting himself from his recklessness also) of the team.

He is a San Antonio Spurs legend and an NBA great but he ain't top 15 at that position. Lol

Man...

I'm hella late to all this craziness. Folks in here talking about my beloved Suprs great Ginobili and didn't even @ me to the conversation.

I love Manu and think he no doubt is a 1st ballot hall of fame player but he isn't top 15 all time NBA at the shooting guard position. His resume is hella thin due to being injury prone and being willing to take less minutes for the greater good (protecting himself from his recklessness also) of the team.

He is a San Antonio Spurs legend and an NBA great but he ain't top 15 at that position. Lol

He’s probably not top 15 at SG

But he’s better than Reggie Lololololol

Man...

Some may not consider it but I think his resume still holds up when you add in the international play where he did have to play heavy minutes and lead....was on that Argentinian squad that treated team USA(I think he had 30 that game) and led them to a gold medal

People kind of forget that he had two top 10 MVP finishes as well

Reactions: Sony Montana
Some may not consider it but I think his resume still holds up when you add in the international play where he did have to play heavy minutes and lead....was on that Argentinian squad that treated team USA(I think he had 30 that game) and led them to a gold medal

People kind of forget that he had two top 10 MVP finishes as well

You noticed I said top 15 all time NBA shooting guards.

He is definitely an NBA great and a hall of fame player. Him and Senator Bill Bradley are the only basketball players to have an Olympic gold medal, Euroleague title, and NBA title.

The guy is one of the best basketball players in the history of the sport but as far as NBA resume it's hella thin due to injuries and being protected (minutes restrictions) from getting injuries. Stats don't paint the full picture but you do need those numbers to help enhance the portrait

Sean Elliott was a small forward not a 2.

What is the start date and cut off for these 90's era 2 guards, because Drexler was drafted in 1983 and Isaiah Rider was drafted in 1993?

Back when Jordan was dominating it was more of a big man league. Which is another reason why Jordan and the Bulls got so much reverence from the media.
I’d say the majority of Reggie’s prime was the 90’s.

Reactions: #1hiphopjunki3
Last offseason, it was a bit of a shock when Al Horford opted out of the final year of his contract with the Celtics. That shock hit a lot harder when Horford left Boston for a lot more money and a few more years with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Could Gordon Hayward be planning on a similar move this offseason? That’s the buzz according to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, who discussed Hayward’s future on the latest episode of The Lowe Post podcast. “There’s some buzz out there. And I can’t figure out what the buzz means,” Lowe said of Hayward’s potential free agency. “The buzz that I’m hearing is like the smoke, the smoke indicating that something is happening. I’m not sure what’s up, but I don’t think it’s a lock that Gordon Hayward is on the Celtics next year.”

• Haha
Reactions: southsil4lil
Last offseason, it was a bit of a shock when Al Horford opted out of the final year of his contract with the Celtics. That shock hit a lot harder when Horford left Boston for a lot more money and a few more years with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Could Gordon Hayward be planning on a similar move this offseason? That’s the buzz according to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, who discussed Hayward’s future on the latest episode of The Lowe Post podcast. “There’s some buzz out there. And I can’t figure out what the buzz means,” Lowe said of Hayward’s potential free agency. “The buzz that I’m hearing is like the smoke, the smoke indicating that something is happening. I’m not sure what’s up, but I don’t think it’s a lock that Gordon Hayward is on the Celtics next year.”

Would be a terrible decision for Hayward.....Bostons fans hoping this happens though

Reactions: cj012890
Dallas wants to acquire a third star to augment the pairing of Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis, and if that takes adding other teams’ unwanted salaries so be it. All — repeat all — Mavericks players not named Doncic or Porzingis are available. Though they currently own the 18th and 31st picks in the Nov. 18 draft, the Mavericks have a strong desire to trade into the lottery (picks 1-14).

And according to multiple league sources, no one is churning harder than Mavericks president and general manager Donnie Nelson, who has made it clear to peers league-wide [three things].

– via Brad Townsend @ Dallas Morning News

Status
Not open for further replies.