Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think it was a good move because they haven't signed too many players that are better at that position? Am I reading that right. Fit, and salary don't matter?
No

Fit only matters if you think the only way to win games in the modern nba is to have a big that can step out and hit 3s.

Beta tried to get smart by saying "but he's a good screener" as if that's a bad thing. I fully expect them to use this to their advantage if you are going to run your offense primarily through Zion and BI. Adams is a good roller off the pnr and is a pretty good passing big. Why is this a bad thing?

They are going to utilize Zions ability to dribble drive off the pnr. Who are you going to take? A full of steam Zion coming off an Adams screen or a diving Adams off the screen?

Same with BI. Tempering expectations for Lewis, this will be a tremendous opportunity for him early in his career to help get his feet wet having a guy that can get him open coming off a hand off and using his speed to attack the basket looking to score or kick out to the shooters.

Then as far as money goes, Adams will be what, 29 at the end of this deal, making 17M and some change. Easy to trade that if opportunity presents itself.

Defensively, the thunder were in the top 10 of the league the last four years with Adams in the lineup. Defense is a team effort. No one single person is going to change a defense overnight. I trust SVG will put all these dudes in a position to be successful on both ends of the floor.

It’s a shitty move because Zion can’t score unless it’s a dunk.

Adams can score unless spoon fed.

Like I said. We have no direction.

we got Bledsoe and Drafted a PG that can’t shoot and all they do is drive to the hole.

We have no spacing whatsoever right now

Trash shit
LMAO

It’s a shitty move because Zion can’t score unless it’s a dunk.

Adams can score unless spoon fed.

Like I said. We have no direction.

we got Bledsoe and Drafted a PG that can’t shoot and all they do is drive to the hole.

We have no spacing whatsoever right now

Trash shit

Forgot yall still got bledsoe.

Damn.

Steven Adams

-Grossly overpaid
-Gave up assets to get him(a first and two seconds lolol smh)
-Capable defender but not an anchor, he cant jump, cant move his feet and runs like hes stuck in cement
-Cant stretch the floor
-not cost controlled so that led to an extension
-Operates in the same space as Zion

The fit is actually ok defensively but not for what your sacrificing on offense
You assume the bucks will bottom out and those picks will be more valuable in the future than they are today. I don't see that happening to the bucks unless, and God forbid they are riddled with injuries.

Overpaid? This upcoming year? Sure. Years 2 and 3? This same franchise, albeit a different regime gave Omer Asik like $15M or some shit. I'll gladly "overpay" Adams with an additional 2M easily.

And you acting like they traded all their picks to get Adams. Hell, they had 4 picks this year, and only kept one and traded the others for more picks.

I trust management to not fumble these picks and leverage them when and if the opportunities present themselves

David Griffin has done some really good things in New Orleans but he doesnt know what he's doing at the center position

He chose Okafor over Christian Wood(who was still cost controlled), drafted Jaxson Hayes, I thought the Favors signing last summer was good but now he just traded for Steven Adams smh
I could've sworn that was Dell who did that (jah over woods). Let me check to be sure.

Word on the street is he was trying to get Adams last year but it never materialized. He has been a target of griff's since he got the Nola job.

No

Fit only matters if you think the only way to win games in the modern nba is to have a big that can step out and hit 3s.

Beta tried to get smart by saying "but he's a good screener" as if that's a bad thing. I fully expect them to use this to their advantage if you are going to run your offense primarily through Zion and BI. Adams is a good roller off the pnr and is a pretty good passing big. Why is this a bad thing?

They are going to utilize Zions ability to dribble drive off the pnr. Who are you going to take? A full of steam Zion coming off an Adams screen or a diving Adams off the screen?

Same with BI. Tempering expectations for Lewis, this will be a tremendous opportunity for him early in his career to help get his feet wet having a guy that can get him open coming off a hand off and using his speed to attack the basket looking to score or kick out to the shooters.

Then as far as money goes, Adams will be what, 29 at the end of this deal, making 17M and some change. Easy to trade that if opportunity presents itself.

Defensively, the thunder were in the top 10 of the league the last four years with Adams in the lineup. Defense is a team effort. No one single person is going to change a defense overnight. I trust SVG will put all these dudes in a position to be successful on both ends of the floor.

Fam...

Fit has to matter. Fuck you talking about.

What pnr offense yall finna run with 2 pg's that can't shoot and a center that can't step out?

Defenses are going to drop down and clog the paint on yall niggas like crazy. Yall voluntarily gonna turn Zion into an inefficient jumpshooter.

Who's just taking on 17mil in center salary lol.

This some legit casual shit. I'm kinda disappointed your thinking this basic.

And I'll say this, if anyone in here saw what Woods was going to become then let's play the lotto tonight.

I wanted them to keep him but not because I knew he was going to be this good but I loved his energy and enthusiasm and I like rooting for guys like him but he could've easily turned out to be another 2 way contract journeyman.

Fam...

Fit has to matter. Fuck you talking about.

What pnr offense yall finna run with 2 pg's that can't shoot and a center that can't step out?

Defenses are going to drop down and clog the paint on yall niggas like crazy. Yall voluntarily gonna turn Zion into an inefficient jumpshooter.

Who's just taking on 17mil in center salary lol.

This some legit casual shit. I'm kinda disappointed your thinking this basic.
You just skipped over the part I said about kicking out to shooters huh?

It's to be expected. You looking so hard for the gotcha moment that you not even trying to have a healthy back and forth.

At the end of the day brah, we haven't seen a single game to determine if this shit was genius or if it's gonna blow up in their faces. My interest in this team hasn't wavered. The more and more I read up on the deal, the more I liked it. I didn't think anything was wrong with having that outlook but lol at my take being casual.

I never said fit didn't matter. What I specifically said was if you think the only way to win games is to have a big that can step out and hit 3s, then you think the fit isn't there.

But I'ma end this with just saying I trust SVG will put these guys in a position to be successful. Will that be this year? Probably not. Both Zion and BI are going to have to figure things out and with a shortened season, now is as good a time as any.

Have a good day b ✊?

You just skipped over the part I said about kicking out to shooters huh?

It's to be expected. You looking so hard for the gotcha moment that you not even trying to have a healthy back and forth.

At the end of the day brah, we haven't seen a single game to determine if this shit was genius or if it's gonna blow up in their faces. My interest in this team hasn't wavered. The more and more I read up on the deal, the more I liked it. I didn't think anything was wrong with having that outlook but lol at my take being casual.

I never said fit didn't matter. What I specifically said was if you think the only way to win games is to have a big that can step out and hit 3s, then you think the fit isn't there.

But I'ma end this with just saying I trust SVG will put these guys in a position to be successful. Will that be this year? Probably not. Both Zion and BI are going to have to figure things out and with a shortened season, now is as good a time as any.

Have a good day b ✊?

What shooters??? Reddick?? That's a easy game plan lol.

I'm not reading the rest of that.

Lmao at asking the number of non televised pelicans game mfers watch.

Like mfers was going out they way to wath the pelicans. Should have asked how many of the televised games we watched.
Ok

I'll do better next time.

Thank you

Ok ok cool

Thanks for clearing that up
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back