Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Draft thread

Steve Kerr and other members of the Warriors organization worked out Maccabi Tel Aviv prospect Deni Avdija on Thursday morning in Atlanta, according to sources.
By all accounts, it was a positive get together, one in which the 19-year-old Israeli impressed observers. Not only did Avdija perform well in the workouts, but Warriors officials were blown away after meeting with him. The universal takeaway was that he’s a “great kid” with an immense work ethic

– via Ethan Strauss @ The Athletic

The Golden State Warriors, legitimate contenders for the NBA title next season, need players who are ready to contribute immediately. Michigan State’s Xavier Tillman was averaging 13.7 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, 3.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game before the season abruptly ended in March. He had been among the most prolific pick-and-roll finishers in all of college basketball. His assist percentage (18.3%) ranked in the top 15 nationally among all players 6-foot-8 or taller

According to someone with knowledge of the organization who spoke to USA TODAY Sports Media Group on the condition of anonymity, Tillman stood out during his interview with the organization due to his maturity and his excellent basketball IQ.

– via Bryan Kalbrosky @ The Rookie Wire

I don’t get the Avdija hype. Terrible shooter, good athleticism for a white boy but nothing special, ok defense, good playmaking for a big guy but nothing special.

What am I missing here, is this dude not Saric-lite?

I don’t get the Avdija hype. Terrible shooter, good athleticism for a white boy but nothing special, ok defense, good playmaking for a big guy but nothing special.

What am I missing here, is this dude not Saric-lite?

I'm in the same boat as you as far as thinking he might be a tad bit over hyped.

The things I've read that scouts like about him is he can handle the ball and pass pretty well for a 6-8, 6-9 guy. He is also a solid defender that has a decent enough feel for the game to get his own shot. Not a great shot creator but a decent one.

Saric supposedly can't handle the ball as well as Deni and isn't as good at creating offense for himself or others.

I think Saric is a pretty good role player so if Deni is at least Saric level then that's a solid pro. Not a top 5 pick in the draft but a solid NBA player

Last edited:
Back