Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Draft thread

In what's likely to become one of the most wide open draft processes in years, prospective players would attend selected regional team facilities throughout the country, sources said. The plan would include team doctors administering physicals at local hospitals and league officials to recording body measurables and putting players through physical testing at team facilities, sources said.

The NBA still hasn't made a final determination on the location or format for the October 16 draft event, sources said.

Pelicans going probably pick at 13. Here is my big board around that range

1. Josh Green
2. Grant Riller
3. Poku
4. Nesmith
5. Pat Williams.

Wow..

Grant Riller that high on your list? I think he is going to make an NBA team and maybe become a solid pro but I haven't seen too many sites or people who think as highly of him as you. The 13th pick?!

Honestly though all it takes is one GM to love a player and just because it isn't a consensus he is a 1st round pick and especially not that high of a 1st rounder doesn't mean he can't be worthy of it.

Nice out of the box thinking!

The first anonymous scout predicts the lack of information on inactive collegians could lead to international players going disproportionately high in the draft. NBA teams have an information bias. There’s less risk in selecting someone who they’ve actually seen play in the last year and a half. And assuming the international leagues start next year, they’ll be able to see those guys. “More prominent international guys would be taken just because you’re getting exposure to them,” the scout predicted. “We’re all gonna be watching those guys because it’s the only basketball we can see if (college hoops taking a year off) was the case

For that reason, maybe we see some college players leaving school for foreign pro leagues if they find out NCAA basketball is canceled. Ramasar considers it a possibility. Of course, rosters could get crowded if the G League season never begins, either. Those guys will want somewhere to play, too. Players need to hoop, and top-flight ones could jump at an opportunity to play. If they don’t, another reality could kick in — and not just for would-be one-and-dones or upperclassmen missing a chunk of their collegiate careers. If they stagnate without basketball and they show up in 2021-22 not as prepared as they could be, even if it’s not their fault, teams may not be so patient.

– via Fred Katz @ The Athletic

Pelicans going probably pick at 13. Here is my big board around that range

1. Josh Green
2. Grant Riller
3. Poku
4. Nesmith
5. Pat Williams.
Lol, u guys should be looking at PG prospects like Haliburton. Good chance u lose both Lonzo and Jrue in the next year.

Back