Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020/2021 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

Time to push all the chips into the center of the table. Our GM/PBO are coming up on extensions with the seats getting warmer i can see them not placing too much value on those 2023 picks. We have more then enough to make godfather offer to the Rockets or Cavs. The only threat in outbidding us is OKC. If i was either the Rockets or Cavs i would personally prefer 5 + 8 + assets to 6 + 16 + 18 + weaker assets.

They sat on their hands in 2018 and watched Trae and Luka get picked right before, dont see that happening this go round especially with their jobs essentially on the line. Kuminga is too much of a project and they dont have time to see that project through. From all that ive gathered the 5th pick will likely be Suggs/Barnes if we stick and pick.

Yes sir. I have watched more of Jalen Green and my view of him has gotten better, BUT i still have Suggs and Barnes over him.

What makes u high on Green?

He's super athletic, can get his own shot, creative around the rim, and he showed what he can do against NBA-level competition. Probably has the most upside in the whole draft.

He's super athletic, can get his own shot, creative around the rim, and he showed what he can do against NBA-level competition. Probably has the most upside in the whole draft.
Most upside, I can see it. Just have a personal preference for passers. I hope u are right though, from everything I have heard, looks like the kid is very very hardworking.

My boys are listening to me and staying as far away from Houston as possible, YES!!!!!

looks like Green is a lock for 2 but from what im gathering it doesnt seem like they’ve content with sticking and picking. Rumors of the Rockets trying to move up for Cade and now this. If Suggs and Mobley aren’t working out for the Rockets it’s probably because their agents already know its down to Green and Cade for the Rocks.

Why are people so sure that the Raptors will pick Suggs?

They need a center much more than they need a guard. Even a forward is needed as there's a chance that Siakam will be traded.

That said, I don't think Mobley will fall to 4.

Van Fleet is the point, and will be for some time. Gary Trent, jr. will be the shooting guard. Malachi Flynn came on strong near the end of the season. Heard something about them looking to get Shai Gilgeous-alexander.

Plus Suggs looks a little overrated to me.

The first three picks will be Cunningham Green and Mobley, in one order or another. But in my mind it is up in the air whether Suggs will be the fourth pick. Raptors probably better off making another selection.

Why are people so sure that the Raptors will pick Suggs?

They need a center much more than they need a guard. Even a forward is needed as there's a chance that Siakam will be traded.

That said, I don't think Mobley will fall to 4.

Van Fleet is the point, and will be for some time. Gary Trent, jr. will be the shooting guard. Malachi Flynn came on strong near the end of the season. Heard something about them looking to get Shai Gilgeous-alexander.

Plus Suggs looks a little overrated to me.

The first three picks will be Cunningham Green and Mobley, in one order or another. But in my mind it is up in the air whether Suggs will be the fourth pick. Raptors probably better off making another selection.
Why do u think Suggs is overrated? And which players do u have over him?

Can't say that I watched him a lot otherwise, to be honest.
At least u are honest. Suggs really brought into Gonzaga’s system and sacrificed parts of his game to blend in, especially in March Madness.

If u watched him throughout the season, he really showed all the skills it takes to be an elite player in the NBA.

Check out early pages in this thread, we posted a bunch of Suggs videos. He was the player we all were most impressed with in the 1st half of the college season.

At least u are honest. Suggs really brought into Gonzaga’s system and sacrificed parts of his game to blend in, especially in March Madness.

If u watched him throughout the season, he really showed all the skills it takes to be an elite player in the NBA.

Check out early pages in this thread, we posted a bunch of Suggs videos. He was the player we all were most impressed with in the 1st half of the college season.

i was sold on Suggs being a tier 1 guy mid way through the season but it was the UCLA game in the FF that really sold me on his star potential. Half court shot aside he made some impressive plays down the stretch on both ends.

Suggs has the highest floor in the draft but maybe the lowest upside of any of the tier 1/2 pkayers aside from maybe Bouknight who i have neck and neck with Suggs on my hypothetical board.

Cade
Green
Mobley

Suggs
Barnes
Bouknight
Kuminga
Sengun
Moody

Only team(s) that should be drafting Sengun is the team with Anthony Davis or Giannis (or a rim protecting PF).

If u don’t have one of those, u are setting yourself up for failure. My boy @A.F.R.I.C.A has lived that Vucevic life, he can tell u.

Only team(s) that should be drafting Sengun is the team with Anthony Davis or Giannis (or a rim protecting PF).

If u don’t have one of those, u are setting yourself up for failure. My boy @A.F.R.I.C.A has lived that Vucevic life, he can tell u.

Sengun moves a little better then Vuc but i agree. I see his floor as Enes Kanter which is pretty solid

Back