Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

1233.PNG

View attachment 118935
Yeah Im done lol

U read and took what I said wrong bruh. They would have let him play the first year of his new contract AND THEN cut him (either that or cut him after year two). Obviously they wouldn't have cut him as soon as the ink dried after he signed. lol.... I was watching NFL Network last night and Scott Hanson mentioned how the Steelers proposed contract would have actually/structurally worked, but people seemed to forget that.

Ian Rapoport works directly w/ NFL Network and is mostly reliable, but he has gotten some simple news wrong tryna be the first out w/ the information. Not only that, the Steelers chose to exclusively feed IR the news. You see how he has subsequent tweets to explain how the contract works after his intial. "splash" report?

The only way this looks bad is the fact he didn't take that 14.5 last year AND stays healthy the entire season. But *IF* he gets a bad injury last year playing on the tag, what kind of contract do you think would have been available to him now?? I can damn sure guarantee you it ain't what he signed w/ Jets!!

At the end of the day, his agent would have made him sign that Steeler deal if made sense, especially if the guarantees we're what they seemed (33 mil). I'm not here to say whether he won or lost tho b/c it's truly circumstantial.

I get you, but why put so much emphasis on 10 mill being his guaranteed money then? You acknowledge there's no way he's only getting 10 million, but you kept saying the number.

Basically he turned down a 1 year $22 million deal or 2 year $33 million dollar deal, so he could hold out a year, and get a 2 year $35 million deal. That's a lot for a little. Especially when he made it clear he wasn't fucking with the Jets. Dude's probably kicking himself in the ass.

I get you, but why put so much emphasis on 10 mill being his guaranteed money then? You acknowledge there's no way he's only getting 10 million, but you kept saying the number.

Basically he turned down a 1 year $22 million deal or 2 year $33 million dollar deal, so he could hold out a year, and get a 2 year $35 million deal. That's a lot for a little. Especially when he made it clear he wasn't fucking with the Jets. Dude's probably kicking himself in the ass.

Nah, he turned down a $10 million dollar guaranteed deal. I never iterated that there was no way he was only gettin' just 10 mil.

That's the long and short of it.

1 year 22 Million? Naw

1 year 22 Million? Naw

Just sounds high because of his signing bonus of $10 million. Gurley got about $22 million last year.

Most people seem to agree he'd get $33 million in 2 years. Most of that is year 1 since it includes his sign on bonus. So it's really just 11-12/year. Not as crazy as it sounds at first

Based on Haslam's history since owning the Browns I can see Freddie Kitchins being one and done if they don't make the playoffs after all these acquisitions.

Back