Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

I would be lying if I said I wasn't mad about this. Hate to see OBJ go.

I feel like Gettlemen didn't get enough for him for Cleveland.

We need to get rid of eli but its really no need to keep him here getting paid that much without obj.

Jerry Reese really fucked my team up bruh. Where the fuck did he come from and how did he get that job as the GM.

I wouldn't be surprised NOW if they used those draft picks from Cleveland to get josh rosen

And I wonder if we are gonna keep Crowell? Maybe we can get a 5th rounder for him...

Also, can get a 6th rounder for Daron Lee.

He was never gonna see ANYWHERE close to that 70. This is the Steelers were talmbout. And it was "reported" that they were giving him 33 mil guaranteed, with that being paid within the first two years......

The thing is, I never bought it, b/c it was first reported by goofy ass Ian Rapoport for one and then the pudding came and the proof was alllll up in that muhphucka. LoL

It was a "rolling guaranteed contract structure".... In other words, the only monies that was guaranteed was 10 million and that was his signing bonus. SMOKE & MIRRORS @ it's finest!!

The Steelers pushed and controlled the narrative from the get go. They never had long term plans for Bell. They just didn't wanna look like the "bad guy" and flipped it on Lev. I really do think they would have cut him one year into it that "70 mil" deal or just let him walk after the second franchise tag, especially if he got hurt.

35 >>>>>>>> 10

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...t-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

1233.PNG

upload_2019-3-13_4-50-18.png

Last edited:
He was never gonna see ANYWHERE close to that 70. This is the Steelers were talmbout. And it was "reported" that they were giving him 33 mil guaranteed, with that being paid within the first two years......

The thing is, I never bought it, b/c it was first reported by goofy ass Ian Rapoport for one and then the pudding came and the proof was alllll up in that muhphucka. LoL

It was a "rolling guaranteed contract structure".... In other words, the only monies that was guaranteed was 10 million and that was his signing bonus. SMOKE & MIRRORS @ it's finest!!

The Steelers pushed and controlled the narrative from the get go. They never had long term plans for Bell. They just didn't wanna look like the "bad guy" and flipped it on Lev. I really do think they would have cut him one year into it that "70 mil" deal or just let him walk after the second franchise tag, especially if he got hurt.

35 >>>>>>>> 10

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...t-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

This article doesn't sound right, and they keep quoting Ian Rapaport, who it sounds like you don't think has any credibility. You think the Steelers were gonna give him $10 mil to sign, then cut him immediately? If so, lucky him...free money. He'd probably get the $20+ mill total his first year (you never counted his base pay). Who's out here playing for a sign on bonus only? The Steelers offered him his best deal, but he over valued himself. Dude messed up.

Last edited:
You think the Steelers were gonna give him $10 mil to sign, then cut him immediately? If so, lucky him...free money. He'd probably get the $20+ mill total his first year (you never counted his base pay). Who's out here playing for a sign on bonus only? Dude messed up.

U read and took what I said wrong bruh. They would have let him play the first year of his new contract AND THEN cut him (either that or cut him after year two). Obviously they wouldn't have cut him as soon as the ink dried after he signed. lol.... I was watching NFL Network last night and Scott Hanson mentioned how the Steelers proposed contract would have actually/structurally worked, but people seemed to forget that.

Ian Rapoport works directly w/ NFL Network and is mostly reliable, but he has gotten some simple news wrong tryna be the first out w/ the information. Not only that, the Steelers chose to exclusively feed IR the news. You see how he has subsequent tweets to explain how the contract works after his intial. "splash" report?

The only way this looks bad is the fact he didn't take that 14.5 last year AND stays healthy the entire season. But *IF* he gets a bad injury last year playing on the tag, what kind of contract do you think would have been available to him now?? I can damn sure guarantee you it ain't what he signed w/ Jets!!

At the end of the day, his agent would have made him sign that Steeler deal if made sense, especially if the guarantees we're what they seemed (33 mil). I'm not here to say whether he won or lost tho b/c it's truly circumstantial.

Last edited:
Back