Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 Betting Thread (@Mr Litty or @AP21 For Money Earnings)

we've lost money on fights plenty of times....

and the percentages still make it tough to really bank....

but i get it, everybody bets on the favorites

however one of the dudes bet on today (another favorite) was knocked down twice an barely won a decision....

the other fight was a draw....

so outta the 600k i bet today, i only made 150k

i mean i don't consider that a killing...all those fights were risks imo

the fights tonight don't even have odds posted......so all bets are essentially blind... i just know some of the names....

but at the end of the day i ain't gonna complain, i'm just defending my hustle.....

We're working on a new system for the fight bets.
just googled a few explainers if you're going to put in a new system

Boxing Odds Explained
Blank.gif

For those of you that are left starring blankly at the odds being none the wiser here is a brief explanation of what all that -100 and +230 actually means to the man in the street.

Whenever you see a + that is the underdog Whenever you see a - that is the favorite
-1000 means for every $1000.00 you bet, you win $100.00+800 means if you bet $100.00 you win $800.00
-120 means for every $120.00 you bet, you win $100.00+120 means if you bet $100.00 you win $120.00
-280 means for every $280.00 you bet, you win $100.00+280 means if you bet $100.00 you win $280.00

Boxing Betting – The Money Line
There are three possible outcomes in any bout, and that is either boxer to win, or the fight to end in a draw. In the money line market, you’re betting on which one of the three will happen. Here is an example:

Floyd Mayweather Jr -500
Conor McGregor -400
Draw +3000

In this mythical match up, Mayweather is deemed the favorite. If you were to place $500 on him to win the fight, you’d make a profit of $100 if he won (You’d receive $600 total). A wager of $100 would see a profit of $400 if McGregor won (You’d receive $500 total). If you backed the draw for $100, and it came in, you’d pick up a cool $3,000.

Boxing Betting – Over / Under Rounds
As well as predicting the winner of a fight, you can also place a wager on the number of the rounds that the bout will last, predicting under or over the line given by the book. Here is an example:

Under 8.5 rounds -140
Over 8.5 rounds +120

If you think the bout might be over quickly, you’d back under and for $140 you would win $100. If you take the opposite view and back over 8.5 rounds, you’d win $120 for a $100 stake. In general, if you back under and the bout finishes in that exact round, the first minute and a half of the round will count as the first half of the round, the rest the second. As an example, if you backed under 8.5 rounds, and the bout was stopped after thirty seconds of round eight, your bet would be a winner.

Fight Outcome Bets in Boxing
In this market you have to predict both the winner and the method of victory. Here is an example:

Joe Frazier by KO, TKO or Disqualification +150
Joe Frazier by Decision or Technical Decision +200
Mike Tyson by KO, TKO or Disqualification +300
Mike Tyson by Decision or Technical Decision +450

Draw or Technical Draw +3300

Here by correctly backing the outcome for $100, you’ll win the amount listed.

In all of the above markets, the odds are listed relative to bets of $100 – this doesn’t mean you have to wager that amount, smaller or larger bets are paid out on a pro rata basis.

Round Betting on Boxing Matches

There are two types of round betting. The first is grouped round betting, where you have to predict which fighter will win, and in what group of rounds. Here is an example:

Sugar Ray Leonard in rounds 4-6 7/1

Here, you’ll receive $70 if you were to place a $10 stake on Leonard here and the fight finished in those rounds.

The other type of round betting is for boxers to win in specific rounds. Here you’ll receive better odds than in the other rounds market. Here is another example:

Sugar Ray Leonard to win in round Six 18/1

Here, for $10 you’ll win $180 if Leonard does indeed win in round six. On occasions a boxer may declare that they’ll win in a certain round, and this can be a popular bet, and a bet where the price doesn’t last very long. If you hear this, get in quick!

Straight Betting: This is when you simply bet on one fighter to win a boxing match. The odds are expressed on the money line, which is simply a way to express the odds. For those new to boxing betting, the problem with money lines is that we all grew up hearing odds expressed a different way--in fractional form. We heard how Muhammad Ali beat Sonny Liston as a “6-to-1” underdog, or how Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas as a “40-to-1 favorite.” Money lines work the same way, it’s just a different expression. Here’s an example.

Floyd Mayweather (-270) vs. Saul Alvarez (+230)

This is a money line. Mayweather is at -270, which means he is a favorite. The fighters will each have a number with either a plus or a minus sign next to it. A minus sign always means a favorite, while the plus sign always indicates an underdog. Obviously, with favorites you have to bet more to win less, while underdogs pay more than you wagered. Mayweather at -270 means you have to bet $270 for every $100 you hope to win. Alvarez at +230 means you win $230 for every $100 you wager.

A few points about the money line: You don’t have to bet $100 or enough to win $100. The money line expression rotates around the $100 mark just to make it easy to understand. You can bet virtually any amount whatsoever, depending on the limits of your book. In order to win one of these bets, the fighter you bet on must simply win--in any manner at all. If the fight is a draw, you receive your bet back, unless there was betting offered on a draw, which would result in a loss.

Over/Under Betting: Wagering on totals in boxing is when you predict how long a fight will last. Who wins the fight is of no consequence for the purposes of your bet--only how long it lasts. When betting on this option, you will see the fighters listed, with a total number of rounds, with a money line for each choice. Here is an example:

Chris Arreola vs. Seth Mitchell
Over 5.5 (+135)
Under 5.5 (-155)

In the above example, the total number of rounds is 5.5. At +135, the “over” is the underdog, with you standing to win $135 for every $100 you bet. The “under” is favored at -155, meaning you must wager $155 for every $100 you hope to win. A key point to remember is that 5.5 does not mean midway through the 5th round. It means the fight must have 5.5 completed rounds, meaning the fight would only go “over” at the 1:30 mark of the 6th round.

Boxing Prop Bets: Prop bets are wagers you can make on various details of the fight. These bets allow you to be more specific in picking exactly how a fight will go. You can bet whether a fighter will win by knockout or decision. You can bet in which specific round a fight will end. In the bigger fights, you can even bet if a certain fighter will score a knockdown.

Boxing Parlays: A parlay, at root, is when you place multiple picks (at least two) on the same bet. The key to parlays are that all the picks need to win. The payouts can be lofty, but perfection is required. Let’s look at a few examples.

Floyd Mayweather (-270) vs. Saul Alvarez
Lucas Matthysse (-255) vs. Danny Garcia

This is a common parlay, where the bettor doesn’t want to put out a lot of money betting on favorites individually, so he’ll put a couple favorites on a parlay. A $100 parlay on these picks would pay a little over $90 in winnings.

Carl Froch (+360) vs. Lucian Bute
Tony Thompson (+500) vs. David Price

A powerful tool in the arsenal of boxing bettors is the underdog parlay. In a sport rife with upsets, these can come in handy and give bettors a knockout punch of their own. A $100 parlay on these picks would pay a hefty $2660.

i'm good with it.

no more bank fight bets.

we had to reset the bank twice, and it was mainly my fault cuz i make too much on fight bets. and we're probably not going to find a system where someone who watches as much as me isn't going to make money off of fights....it's not like boxing has an off season

and i don't wanna be the problem here, so i'm done with it all together

i'm already the 4th richest member and most my dough comes primarily from fights.

so i understand. especially with fights on tonight and tomorrow night....

i'd fuck around and have like 3 million by monday with things the way they are now....

so i'm cool with it

bruh, you're literally taking away one of the things i have the most fun with on the site....

how is being upset about that being a big kid?

I tried that, du said nah
I didn't say no. I just said how am I going to convince people to put up money on folks they never heard of?

Player v player is fine. It would just be limited given the sport.

200k a day is fine. It just limits the amount of bets that can be made on any given night.

My irritation is that I watch way more than most people, and all those limits on betting takes the fun out of it for me.

So I'm done on betting.

Y'all can do whatever y'all want.

Goldie you play poker.

Which do you prefer?

Limit? Or no limit?

Ain't shit wrong with limit.... But compared to no limit it's boring.
All these limits is making boxing bets boring ..... For me

So I'm removing myself from the equation.

Yall have fun betting with limits tho.....

Back