Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019-20 NFL Season Thread

Jamal Adams finally clears the air with GM, Gase

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- It took nearly a week, but New York Jets safety Jamal Adams finally met with general manager Joe Douglas to discuss the trade-deadline brouhaha that left Adams fuming.

Adams called it a productive discussion, saying Thursday that he doesn't want to play anywhere else. He said it's his "calling" to play for the Jets and lead them to a Super Bowl.

The meeting, which included coach Adam Gase, occurred on Monday. Previously, Adams refused to meet with them because he was upset that he was dangled in trade talks.

"It went well. I told them I don't hate those guys," Adams said. "They said they don't hate me. I have nothing but love and respect for them, you know what I mean? We've moved on. We apologized to each other.

"We went about it a little different way on both ends. It is what it is. You live and learn. It's part of life. It's not going to hurt our relationship or how I feel about this organization."

As recently as last Friday, Adams said he wasn't ready to sit down with Douglas to discuss the matter. The Pro Bowl safety talked with CEO Christopher Johnson because he felt "comfortable" with him, but he iced his coach and GM.

The story blew up Oct. 29, when it was reported that the Jets listened to offers from the Dallas Cowboys. A few days earlier, Adams told team officials he wanted to remain in New York. As soon as the trade deadline passed, an angry Adams fired off a tweet, saying Douglas "went behind my back" by shopping him to teams.

Douglas said he didn't shop Adams, but rather listened when teams called. At the time, Adams said he wasn't sure if he fit into the team's long-term plans. He said he was "hurt" that the organization didn't consider him on the level of Aaron Donald and Tom Brady. He told friends he would've welcomed a trade to the Cowboys, his hometown team.

On Thursday, Adams backtracked, professing his love for the Jets.

"Yeah, I would love to be here, man," he said. "I would love to be here. Simple as that. I want to bring success to this organization. I want to bring a Super Bowl to this organization."

Alluding to his father, former New York Giants running back George Adams, he added: "That's why I feel like I was placed in New York, to pick up where my dad left off. His career was cut short. I just feel like it's my calling.

"But I don't know those things, you know what I mean? But do I want to be here? Yes, of course."

Adams, drafted sixth overall in 2017, is signed through 2020, plus a team option for 2021. His contract could be an issue in the offseason. He's due to make only $3.5 million, and there's a chance he may demand a new deal.

Tom Brady said the N word ?,is this true ?,sorry if Im late. Joe talked about it the last 10 minutes of

The Joe Budden podcast episode 295.

Is it still Tank for Tua?

He had yards but did not look good. Only starting making plays when Harris starting killing us.

Vs Georgia last year he looked
Vs LSU last year was just good. Nothing special
Vs Clemson last year he look terrible
Vs LSU this year

Vs NFL players he looked just okay. Vs everybody else he kills.

Rankings when it comes to defense means nothing it’s about who.

and that Burrow stat is wack because that was last year when we didn’t even know the forward pass was invented.

Bama leads the nation in yards after catch.
Tua is a good player. That’s it.

Also last year Burrow arrived 4 weeks before the start of the season

Dolphins originally tried to send Reshad Jones to Steelers before agreeing to Minkah Fitzpatrick trade

Fitzpatrick bristled at the idea of being the Patrick Chung of Brian Flores' Miami defense

The trade of Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers in September for a first-round pick was panned by some in the NFL at the time, but looks better for Pittsburgh by the week. Fitzpatrick has become a game-changer for them, helping to elevate the entire defense, and is flourishing in his ball-hawking role.

Fitzpatrick, the 11th overall pick in the 2018 draft, had clashed with Dolphinsrookie coach Brian Flores over how he was being deployed, according to sources, who said the safety bristled at being used in the role Patrick Chungheld for Flores when he was an assistant to Bill Belichick in New England. Fitzpatrick was being used closer to the line of scrimmage and had some linebacker-like responsibilities but longed for more freedom to chase the ball in the passing game.

Miami was originally offering veteran safety Reshad Jones to the Steelers at the start of the season, sources said, with Pittsburgh making it clear it was in the market for help to its secondary, an area of concern for several years. The Steelers strongly preferred Fitzpatrick, who the team believed could play a "centerfielder" type role for them and cover lots of ground disrupting the passing game, but were told initially that Fitzpatrick was unlikely to be dealt. The Dolphins later asserted that Fitzpatrick would only be moved if a first-round pick was included and league sources said multiple teams were willing to meet that price, but Miami believed Pittsburgh's pick would end up being the highest.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin immediately assured Fitzpatrick he and the player were in lockstep about how he should be deployed, and with his presence on the back end the Steelers have been more willing to get aggressive on the blitz. "It's changed the entire defense, really," one team source said. Fitzpatrick is tied for third in the NFL with five takeaways, including a game-changing 96-yard touchdown return last week against the Colts, and is second in the NFL with four interceptions.

With Fitzpatrick in the fold, the Steelers defense has become one of the best in the NFL at producing turnovers, and currently stands second in the league with 22 (behind only New England), while soaring to fifth in the NFL in sacks. Pittsburgh has climbed back in the playoff chase at 4-4 despite losing star quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for the season, riding the defense and run game to do so, and the acquisition of Fitzpatrick may end up going down as the most impactful trade of the entire 2019 season, with the draft pick Miami gets in return ending up perhaps as low as the 20s.

I want the Lions to trade Stafford, he deserves better.

This man has 19 TD and 5INT this year. He literally keeps us in games and once again has no running game and the defense is 30th.

Back