Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

If you talkin' about Thielen, I'm not gonna sit here and say he's better than Thomas b/c that would be silly but he damn sho ain't a bum!

He’s not better than Thomas. Even bought they have him ranked better

But it’s the OTHER guy who I’m talking about.

I just refuse to say his name lol

Question to all the nfl fans out there. Do you have a favorite position you always check for when watching games? By that i mean are you paying extra attention to QB's, RB's etc. Do you have an allegiance to LB's or CB's etc. bcuz you know the position and understand it better?

For me its DB'S ( Corners & Safeties). I played both positions in high school and most of my favorite players and some of the greatest players to ever play at any position are DB's too.

Mel Blount
Rod Woodson
Ronnie Lott
Darrell Green
Sean Taylor
Troy Polamalu
Ed Reed
Charles Woodson
Steve Atwater
Lester Hayes

Deion Sanders

I love watching some of the current DB's also.
A.J. Bouye

Marshon Lattimore
Jalen Ramsey
Chris Harris
Aqib Talib
Earl Thomas
Eric Berry
Tyrann Mathieu

No love for Night Train Lane

I literally try to watch all positions b/c I try to be a student of the game, but I really pay attention to the trenches since I played 3 technique DT in college.

I like to see the array of moves they're using, what kind of stunts are called, etc. Who ever is winning the war between the O Line and D-Line is generally where the game is won imo.

What kinda stats you put up

Question to all the nfl fans out there. Do you have a favorite position you always check for when watching games? By that i mean are you paying extra attention to QB's, RB's etc. Do you have an allegiance to LB's or CB's etc. bcuz you know the position and understand it better?

For me its DB'S ( Corners & Safeties). I played both positions in high school and most of my favorite players and some of the greatest players to ever play at any position are DB's too.

Mel Blount
Rod Woodson
Ronnie Lott
Darrell Green
Sean Taylor
Troy Polamalu
Ed Reed
Charles Woodson
Steve Atwater
Lester Hayes

Deion Sanders

I love watching some of the current DB's also.
A.J. Bouye

Marshon Lattimore
Jalen Ramsey
Chris Harris
Aqib Talib
Earl Thomas
Eric Berry
Tyrann Mathieu

I know it’s typical but the QBs I always pay close attention to. Them replays when you see their eyes, what wideout they lock on to & if they’re following progressions. Footwork, pocket presence, delivery. I can break a QB down. Rodgers is by far the absolute best in every facet of the game & I go outta my way to watch his games as much as I do my Redskins.

What kinda stats you put up

0 tackles, 0 assisted tackles, 0 sacks.

Nikka I QUIT!! LoL

I didn't play high school football. I disliked the football coaches b/c they didn't know WTF they were doing, they played favorites (momma's and daddy's w/ $ had influence) and @ the time they were mediocre @ best. They used to ask, borderline beg me to come out b/c they knew I hoop'd and how agile/athletic I was for a guy my size.

Got to college, I worked out hard, tried out for the team, then walked on @ Georgia Southern (when Adrian Peterson was there (he played for Chicago Bears) and a two other eventual NFL guys). Great achievement for me!

I was on the practice squad and since we had hella talent there, shit wasn't going fast enough for me to see the field. And looka her mayne college football is a JOB!! Gotta run in the morning, work out/lift weights during the day and practice in the evening. I was like this is great experience and all, but I'm chuckin' dueces. Didn't even finish the season out. Prolly was the wrong decision, but hey life goes on. lol

Sorry 4 da rant.

Nigga... At least you played college ball. My baseball/basketball coach begged me to play football for the same reasons you mentioned and I quit that shit after our first game. I was 13...waaaayy too much running in PRACTICE dawg. Plus I came from a baseball background and felt all that hard hitting was somewhat unnecessary. I still remember the hit that made my mind up about quitting like it's yesterday SMH

I played football one year in high school and was like naw I'm straight. I think you gotta be somewhat crazy to run full speed at a nigga and hit them.

Coach wanted me to come play cuz I was 6'2 could catch was quick could jump and agile.

Basketball was my love. Stuck with that. I don't have no broken bones torn tendons etc.

If I have a son I probably wouldn't push him to play football

I couldn't remember any of the plays but I was fast and had good hands so the coach put me on safety duties. I went to sack the QB and someone hit me so hard I thought my damn jaw was by my left ear. I knew my career was gonna be short lived as I my body quivered on the grass

I played football my freshman yr in high school at Glennville in Cleveland Ohio ( look them up a lot of NFL players use to go there)
I was only 150 pounds but I was fast af I played on the JV team and I scored 6 touchdowns in my first three games as a receiver and on special teams so Ted Ginn Sr thought it was a good idea to move me to varsity my first game I burnt the corner on a slant route and scored I was hyped and talking mad shit. So when we got back on offense again I told the Qb to run the same play I caught the ball but I got hit so hard by the linebacker then blind sided by the safety they said my body twisted in the air like a tornado that’s how hard they both hit me I don’t remember nothing after that the game was on a Friday afternoon I swear I didn’t wake up until Monday morning they said everybody on the other team was like that’s what he gets for talking shit. Every since that day I never put pads on again I was to scared to.

Last edited:
I tell everyone that you have to be a little "off" to play football. The pain/discomfort you endure isn't normal or ordinary.

I got hit so hard once @ GS (got blindsided) that all I heard was the sound of something similar to microphone feedback. I thought I got sent into a time paradox. lol

Back