Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25256971/new-york-jets-unlikely-fire-todd-bowles-season

Jets unlikely to fire Todd Bowles during season

New York Jets coach Todd Bowles, under heavy scrutiny after an embarrassing 41-10 loss to the Buffalo Bills, won't be a bye-week casualty.

Ownership is expected to stick with Bowles through the end of the season, at which time it will make a decision on the coach's future, a source confirmed to ESPN. Speculation was swirling after the Jets' fourth straight loss, but ownership opted to stick with Bowles, who is scheduled to address the media at 1:45 p.m. ET for his usual Monday conference call with reporters.

Several factors were considered, namely: There's no logical interim replacement on the current coaching staff. In addition, ownership wanted to maintain continuity over the final six games, in part to help evaluate the many young players on the roster. Bowles has prevented the team from fracturing, and ownership doesn't want to jeopardize that by making a dramatic change.

NFL Network first reported the news that the Jets (3-7) were unlikely to fire Bowles during the season.

He was talking to me? Jalen ain't going nowhere for at least another year or two.

I'm not concerned with that. My only concern right now is a new GM and coaching staff.

Wait, why are u trying to get rid of the GM? I thought Tom Coughlin made all the calls there.

Last edited:
Wait, why are u trying to get rid of the GM? I thought Tom Coughlin made all the calls there.

Nope. David Caldwell been with the franchise since 2013. Maybe now Coughlin will excise his powers with all the fuckery and losing happening.

A number of his draft picks haven't panned out. The coaching staff. The contracts.

Who gonna come into KC and beat us in the playoffs??
This ain't your Alex Smith led chiefs

We going to the super bowl

Fight me

lol_td.0.gif

If the bengals and the skins make the playoffs, imma legit be pissed off. Those teams are woat on wild card weekend

Back