Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-jones-gives-support-quarterback-dak-prescott

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones gives his support to Dak Prescott

FRISCO, Texas -- To owner and general manager Jerry Jones, quarterback Dak Prescott remains the long-term answer for the Dallas Cowboys, even after two turnovers played a big part in Monday night's loss to the Tennessee Titans.

"Listen, Dak is the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday. "He's young and he's going to get extended."

Prescott is under contract through 2019, but the Cowboys can begin negotiations on an extension after this season if they choose. What Jones did not say was what kind of extension he would be willing to give Prescott. At the beginning of the season, speculation was that Prescott could be looking at a $100 million deal -- which has become something of a norm for starting quarterbacks -- if he had a great year.

The Cowboys are 3-5 at the midway point to the season and Prescott has thrown for 1,660 yards with 10 touchdown passes and five interceptions. He has lost four fumbles and been sacked 28 times. He has run for 247 yards and two scores.

The Cowboys can wait on a deal until after the 2019 season, and even then would have the opportunity to use the franchise tag for Prescott if necessary. The Cowboys will have big financial decisions to make about defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, running back Ezekiel Elliott, wide receiver Amari Cooperand cornerback Byron Jones that could impact the timing of any deal for Prescott.

After leading the Cowboys to a 13-3 mark in 2016, when he threw 23 touchdown passes and just four interceptions on his way to winning the Rookie of the Year award, Prescott is 12-12 in his past 24 games with 32 touchdown passes and 18 interceptions.

In the loss to the Titans, Prescott had a pass intercepted in the end zone and lost a fumble, leading to two Tennessee touchdowns.

"Tonight's game did not -- did not, I emphasize -- impact my future look at Dak Prescott," Jones said after the game.

Jerry is sticking with his boy Rayne Dakota...

He should get resigned to a blake bortles level deal and but not much guaranteed..A kinda prove it deal. He's like 3 or 4th on the list of whats wrong with this team .. He's def not as trash as everybody makes him out to be though. You can win with him but hes not gonna carry the team. Look around the league and most ppl when they break the bank for their qb, they dont win.. Spend that money elsewhere. AROD, Brady, and Brees the only elite qbs in the league anyway

@DOPE33

Dont hit the nosign button without a post saying why

Dak doesnt have talent on offense like that besides Zeke and now Amari. And he's not close to being Bortles bad. That multiple turnover stat is def a bad one. When he is bad he is usually real bad but majority of the time he is average to good. Those bad games make him seem worse than he is. I dont think he is a world beater either but he def not trash. Bortles is trash

Dak doesnt have talent on offense like that besides Zeke and now Amari. And he's not close to being Bortles bad. That multiple turnover stat is def a bad one. When he is bad he is usually real bad but majority of the time he is average to good. Those bad games make him seem worse than he is. I dont think he is a world beater either but he def not trash. Bortles is trash

I would take every WR and Olineman Dak have ever had over Brotles ever had.

RB is wash

I would take every WR and Olineman Dak have ever had over Brotles ever had.

RB is wash
Moncrief, marquise Lee, Allen Robinson, Dede Westbrook, Mercedes Lewis vs a washed Dez and Witten , Cole Beasley.. I dunno bruh.. and yeah that oline was elite in 2016 no lie but it's bad now.. Look at Dak last 5 games. He actually been straight.. His issues just magnified cause he play for Dallas.. I def think he average but calling him Bortles is fucked up.

Moncrief, marquise Lee, Allen Robinson, Dede Westbrook, Mercedes Lewis vs a washed Dez and Witten , Cole Beasley.. I dunno bruh.. and yeah that oline was elite in 2016 no lie but it's bad now.. Look at Dak last 5 games. He actually been straight.. His issues just magnified cause he play for Dallas.. I def think he average but calling him Bortles is fucked up.

QBR >>>>>>Passer rating

Your forgot to add in fumbles too with those 5 INTS

until last night the oline had the leading rusher in the nfl. Oline is still good

Dak lack of vision accounts for more than half his sacks

INT in the endzone last night and fumble

Last week fumbled in the endzone

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many missed throws over 10 yards. NO vision at all

So with a top 3 Rusher you only have 10 TD thru 9 games. TRASH
12 total TDs and 9 Total turnovers

Bortles 11 total TDs 11 total turnovers (with less offensive talent)

I been following that shit all day

We not gon sign him because hes going to want something we cant give him

I was all for signing him but we signed C. Merdith and that nigga aint healthy and dont know the playbook

Thomas and Dez with be bully ball at its finest and with AK41 running them option routes in the middle and Ginn or Smith running deep

I can dig it but its not gon happen and if it do he aint gon be ready for 2 weeks

A dude wrote this on a Saints forum

"Another perspective on how good Dez is/can be. He’s only 1 touchdown away from matching Julio Jones’ season production"

Im joked out right now

Back