Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A few speedy, giant centers -- including Joel Embiid and Rudy Gobert -- cover this much space. Draymond Green is a genius who moves almost ahead of the ball, but he can't match Antetokounmpo's speed, leaping ability or length. Ditto for Paul George. Antetokounmpo is the only one among them who can credibly guard every player in the NBA.

He is (again) averaging almost 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks per game -- rare territory. Opponents are shooting 53 percent at the rim with Antetokounmpo nearby, one of the lowest marks in the league, per NBA.com. They have scored a laughable 0.68 points per possession when they isolate against him -- the eighth-stingiest figure among 177 guys who have faced at least 100 one-on-one attacks, per Second Spectrum. No one bothers trying to post him up; he defends one such play per 100 possessions, via Second Spectrum. He smothers both sides of a pick-and-roll.

Antetokounmpo may end the season as favorite for both MVP and Defensive Player of the Year. Yikes."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26320441/ten-things-like-including-terrifying-giannis

Anybody think the bold is probable?

That would be great but he isn’t winning both this season and I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t win either of the 2 this season.

I have a feeling Harden is winning MVP which I can understand and someone else is going to win defensive player of the year.

Whats different about this bucks game? It feels like a college game

Is it just the crowd? I think it's because theres no arena music or nothing to hype the crowd

But the crowd hype

San Antonio looks good. Their effort and style of play is going to be hard to beat in the playoffs. They play both ends of the floor, know when to double team, keep good ball movement, play transition defense and are unselfish. I know Popovich fathered Steve Kerr's style and it looks related bc it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back