Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi has played on better/deeper, better coached teams his whole career

To say it’s not even close is bullshit. Everything points to it being close. There is nothing that makes it not even close. KD/LBJ the only players accomplished enough at the position to put above the rest. None of them are separated by enough for it to not be close

PG just as much a menace if not more on the defensive end and he’s carried way more responsibility on the offensive end throughout his career. Not even close...cmon g, walk that back. You bugging.

Kawhi a two time defensive player of the year and a finals MVP, stop acting he isn't accomplished

Paul George was on a 56 win Pacers team that imploded halfway through the season and then struggled to get to the conference finals in a weak Eastern Conference

Lol @ carrying way more responsibility, Kawhi had a higher usage rate in 2016-2017 than Paul George ever has

Paul George has a slightly higher usage rate career wise but he was also better coming out of college while Kawhi took a little bit to develop

I guess

It’s just based on what though?

The only big games you saw him in was 4 years ago flanked by legends

I’m just saying, it ain’t fact that he better. Just a media push and a bunch of opinions. The play on the court don’t say that. KL was a lead guy one year. He got hurt, they were swept in the 1st

KL had 18 points after 2 games when he won finals MVP. I haven’t seen the impact on games consistently enough to make that claim

Looking forward to watch him in playoffs this year

You right it's opinion on my part. I'm judging by the type of player i prefer. IMO PG jacks up way too many threes. It could be bcuz of the system he is in but i know this year he has had some very poor shooting nights. He has 25 games where he has jacked up 8 or more 3's. He has 13 games this year shooting under 40% from the field. Again, prolly due to the system. That style of play can have you looking like shit come playoff time. That Utah series is a perfect example. I just can't see KL going out like that. That's just opinion tho.Reason why I say I trust KL in big games is he doesn't fall in love with jumpers and will take better shots. Most likely the reason why he is more efficient imo. Player vs player they are basically the same, for me it just depends on what type of scorer you want. I like that KL is a better post up player. That matters when the J ain't poppin. I prefer how KL gives me 25 points to how PG gives me 25 points.

i Summed it up in my post to OG

You used one year and then said lol like it was some grand point. That was his only year being the lead guy. Which was my point.

Bro they took that Heat team to 7, you think that’s a discredit to PG lmaooo. Celtics was going 7 with The Hawks and Josh Smith was their best player. Who cares how you get there? Has KL been to a conference finals since that Spurs team won it ?

That series went 6 games not 7..... they went 7 games with the 8th seeded Hawks

What has Paul George done in the playoffs? He hasnt even been past the 1st round since that Heat series and he lost in 6 games to the lower seeded Jazz last season while getting outplayed by a rookie

View attachment 99512

If I’m not mistaken, he broke his leg after this. I don’t hold last year against him due to the circumstances but you can(learning to play with Russ, Melo issue)

Nah that was the previous year that they lost in 7

I thought PG was a top 5 player during this time and he was a legit MVP during halfway through that 56 win season before they fell apart

Once that happened and then he broke his leg he's obviously had to recover but during that time I think Kawhi surpassed him with his overall skill set

PG is closer to the Jimmy Butler/pre-
injury Gordon Hayward spectrum to me.....but this season he's starting to get back to that next tier if he can stay consistent and stop letting Westbrook hi-jack the offense

My biggest problems with PG is he's not assertive enough for me and settles too much......Kawhi knows how to get to his spots without taking and/or forcing bad shots(and he doesnt really turn it over)

I think Kawhi is a bit better than PG but really its neck and neck.

To say Kawhi is way better than PG is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back