Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to this convo, but anyway.
I agree with KD... at least they were the best my eyes saw from 1988-2018. They're also the two franchise HOF with the most championships from 1988-2018 to backup their status at beating the best the NBA had to offer them.
[the rest is a titangraph]
The true measure of a player's impact and rank really comes about 4-5 years after they retire. When they are the face of the NBA they are endorsed to be the best and people's memories are short for those other players who came before but once held the torch.
Who cares what I see? Y'all don't know me.....yet
Obviously I can't argue Lebron bc I saw Kobe. If I did not see Kobe's complete career and watch all his games then I would definitely argue KD is crazy and Lebron is the best by far; but somethings can't be, or at least shouldn't be disrespected or erased and I don't care what specific stats (that exist today that were almost non-existent in the early 90's (PER) and definitely were not as important) state; it was obvious. BUT, again, I credit highly those who did not see Kobe in his beginning along with his prime (I barely caught Jordan in 1988 bc I was so young) and say I can understand and really can't argue what their eyes and research with stats have to say to back Lebron up; except Westbrook also puts up great stats. If he had 3 rings would you argue he was the best player ever?
The NBA and its reporters turned against Kobe for many reasons,(and never really ever endorsed him as the face of the league) so many people who watched him hated him to the point of denying his legacy and impact; EXCEPT the players who played against him.
**As for Magic, Oscar Robertson, Kareem, I can't argue them too much because I am to them what I accuse those who didn't see Kobe and Jordan of being....I wasn't a true witness. I saw Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, and Magic but they were at the end of their primes in 88' and early 90s.

Last edited:
I hope Lonzo/Ingram get to go somewhere else. Idk if Lonzo ever going be the player he need to be playing under Bron. Ingram definitely won’t.

Portland and them should get on the horn

Expected this to happen eventually

Jabari is a 4 and they got too many

you gotta play defense to play basketball. thats why he not in the rotation anymore

Suns have nobody to give up to get lonzo unless it's ayton or Booker and they ain't doing that.

A top 2 protected frp makes sense. That way the Suns guarantee they dont miss out on Zion and RJ who are clearly the top 2 guys. The Lakers could get a player like Reddish or Morant which is good value imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back