Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmaooo @ not as talented as other squads

Toronto may be the deepest team in the league w/o exaggeration

I’m appalled you question my ball knowledge and keep churning out this wack shit

Arguing on behalf of Mudiay and shit

MVP is such a pointless conversation this far away from the all star break. Teams still taking form and niggas talking who the MVP of the league.
Lol I agree when I think Toronto has a top 3 roster

As far as the MVP yeah it's too early but I'm just giving guys shine early

Not underrating. Like I said they have a great roster, and they are an elite team. They got some great role players who are playing their role to a T. Their second "star" Lowry is overrated like a motherfucker. Ibaka is having a great year, Siakam is playing for the most improved player, Danny Green is having a better season then the last few.

Nowhere am I saying Toronto doesnt have a elite squad and roster.

All I was saying was compared to the other elite teams, Toronto is not as talented. They dont have a true 2nd star and so Kawhi should be listed higher in the mvp convos.

And im right.

Have they lost a game he’s sat out?

He’s having his best year averaging 27 and 8 on a team that was 1 in the conference a year ago. How is he being slighted?

“Their 2nd Star” you’ve fucked up the minute you start talking about the game that way

Remember I told you my g, start with the team and work down

Just proved you was talking out your ass with that most talented shit. Who’s the Celtics 2nd Star? Al Horford? Who’s the 4th, 5 th, and 6th best 76er?

Bruh, im not doing this.

Take the whole "dont think of a roster in the old way" quasi intellectualism the fuck out of here.

You dont win in the NBA without multiple stars.

You dont build a team with a bunch of roleplayers then go out and get a star.

You tank for multiple years to get multiple stars and then put roleplayers around them.

Only 2 out of the last 17 championships have been won with a team with less than 2 stars.

Thats why when talking elite teams, you talk stars first, then roleplayers.

And from the elite teams, toronto got 1 star, and so he gets more credit for being on the team with the best record.

Get all that new deeper way of nba thinking out of here fam.

Cats bringing psuedo intellectualism to basketball now?

From top to bottom

Toronto is better than

Sixers,
bucks
warriors,(but warriors have more star power)
Celtics (maybe)

I think they are equal to denver

Which is why I said top 3 myself

From top to bottom

Toronto is better than

Sixers,
bucks
warriors,(but warriors have more star power)
Celtics (maybe)

I think they are equal to denver

Which is why I said top 3 myself

Thats my point fam.

Take the best player off of each of those teams and Toronto becomes worse than all of them other than the Celtics since Hayward isnt producing as expected and Tatum isnt playing as well as expected.

Kawhi is what propels the Raptors to being better than all of them, his impact is that great, hence he was higher on my list.

I see you trying to get respect here but still havent said shit but generic shit like "dont play a 22 year old player over a 20 year old" shit or "parts gotta fit" shit but never said anything profound about anything.

Thats why I dont respond back agressively to you like I would to half of these cats cause you dont get that respect.

When you come through with a original point about something specific that takes understanding ill pat you on your head.

Until then you still that dude saying nothing but generic statements you hear from others like you.

Last edited:
i think last night was the first time since the 4-0 start to the season that Gentry ball was live and in effect

I heard something this morning that said something like of the 132 pts the pelicans scored, like 124? of them came from either 3, the paint, or the FT line. CRAZY

i get it was Dallas, but they had been playing pretty good lately, or about as well as one could expect. A real test will be tomorrow against the grizzlies. They just locked up the clippers last night. If they are going to give themselves a chance, they must NOT get into the slow half court game the grizz like to play, and they must limit the turnovers as well

Last night was the first lineup of the season that featured AD and Randle at the 4-5. Moore came off the bench, Niko was ill. They should probably use this lineup for a few games to see what shakes.

Got a great effort off the bench from Miller, Diallo and Moore. The ghost of Solo Hill even managed to show up. Another short rotation though. Hopefully once the roster settles, they can open it up a bit to give more rest to AD and Jrue.

Cut that shit out fam.

You aint watch a single Knicks game and talked about some generic shit. If you watch any games, you wouldnt have those questions.

Aint it got nothing to do with this discussion here. You havent said anything but generic stat sheet watching instead of game watching shit ever.

But lets keep it real hot. You still holding grudges cause I said I had to teach you basketball and called you stupid cause you wanted do some stupid shit like put llilard and Wall on the same team.

Now you biting my style and hitting me with my shit. Talking bout you teaching me basketball. Trying to hit me with my words before I could shine off my own shit.

How you gon diss me with a style that i made up? You my son you should thank my dick.

i swear this must be the football thread

nigga stay moving the goal posts

Mudiay is still on his rookie contract. I understand the logic behind playing Frank (which they should be finding a way to do) but Mudiay is a young player too and there is nothing wrong in giving him an opportunity, he could end up becoming good, not saying it’s likely. But you never know.

Mudiay is still on his rookie contract. I understand the logic behind playing Frank (which they should be finding a way to do) but Mudiay is a young player too and there is nothing wrong in giving him an opportunity, he could end up becoming good, not saying it’s likely. But you never know.
sometimes, scenery/fit matters before you just give up on a player

dont know how much they've invested in him at this point, but if you think even for a chance he still hasn't scratched the surface of his potential, then why not see what he has before you determine its a sunken cost

captain obvious hot take...might be time for the Spurs to have a fire sale and sell off assets to get ready for the rebuild

probably wont tho b/c of Pop, but they have to be at least entertaining this right?

this is a crazy run tho

@Beta i was thinking about writing my next piece about Hassan becoming a father. Since the heat currently stink, that seems to be the only interesting thing happening. What say you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back