Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you chopped Bagley’s right hand off he’d play exactly the same.

He done got stripped so many times because he won’t use his right.

Have no idea whats going to happen with this situation....some people saying Melo just wanted clarification on his role now that Eric Gordon was back and due to the emergence of Glary Clark

Hopefully this isn't something that's a story for the whole season

Have no idea whats going to happen with this situation....some people saying Melo just wanted clarification on his role now that Eric Gordon was back and due to the emergence of Glary Clark

Hopefully this isn't something that's a story for the whole season

It won't be a story for the whole season, melo gone. Everything that's been said has been damage control if you wanna call it that

YHIHF

Have to play the Pacers for the second time in 6 days and about 20 hours from our game last night

Rockets about to get blowed out today

emmitt2.jpg

Bet they won’t do dantoni like they did mchale and fire him early in the season. They might as well scrap this shit not winning a chip probably won’t make the playoffs and if they do it’ll be 6-7th seed at best. Just hit reset the window is closed.

Bet they won’t do dantoni like they did mchale and fire him early in the season. They might as well scrap this shit not winning a chip probably won’t make the playoffs and if they do it’ll be 6-7th seed at best. Just hit reset the window is closed.

it all starts with james harden. winning isn't everything to him

Man, Morey is here trying to turn lead into gold. Dude can only do so much. He took some gambles this summer, they are not paying off. No one bats a thousand.
If i want to be critical of Morey, the one thing preventing him from been a Great GM is the dude cannot draft. In 11 years, his only above average draft picks are Parsons, Mirotic, Capela and maybe Harrell.

So its dantonis fault and not Moreys?

Thank you.

darryl morey "the genius" put this dumb ass team together.All he do is chase star names , traded for paul now you stuck with a declining cp on a max deal

lol @ adding melo,mcw,knight and chriss and thinking you're improving your chances of winning a championship

I watched the t wolves vs kings the other night, not surprised jimmy was traded the next day he quit on them.

Duke sabotaged the t wolves intentionally he wasn't trying and played like someone point shaving for the bookies, fuck a jimmy butler

That being said t wolves got a decent return for the circumstances they dealt with,

sixers got a 2nd option , I still think they won't get out the 2nd round but they did what they had to do and if they trade fultz they will have cap space for a max next summer they still need some shooters this season tho

Yeah I blame morey for incorporating a 3 and layup culture while also whoring out his players each year for other players

Then whoring out the players he just traded for a year later

How you gonna establish continuity and chemistry from year to year like that?

Yeah I blame morey for incorporating a 3 and layup culture while also whoring out his players each year for other players

Then whoring out the players he just traded for a year later

How you gonna establish continuity and chemistry from year to year like that?

In b4 capela on the trade block in 4-5 weeks

Man, Morey is here trying to turn lead into gold. Dude can only do so much. He took some gambles this summer, they are not paying off. No one bats a thousand.

Ill disagree with you here.

Im not saying that Morey is a bad GM, but hes got to take a big part of the blame. Not resigning Ariza was a bad move. Giving CP3 40 mil for the next 4 years was a bad move. Bringing in Melo was a bad move.

The biggest issue with Morey though is not changing his philosophy after failing the same way year after year. The whole analytics and nothing but 3s philosophy is proven not to work but he refuses to adapt and build a balanced team.

The Warriors redefined how basketball is played by shooting 3s but they were always balanced. I understand they are way more talented but you also never see them take 3 after 3 after 3 and shoot themselves out the game.

Morey deserves alot of credit for turning the Rockets franchise around but this last offseason might undo all of that unless shit turns around cause they stuck with that cp3 contract.

With Cp3 he was stuck though I think. If you don’t resign him then you got everybody hollering about how can you not resign him they were so close etc...

But now he’s older and already hurt and it’s only gonna get worse. Need some youth on the squad.

I get what you saying but being so close means you had to bring that whole team back and not get rid of your best wing defender when everything you did defensively was based on him being able to switch to any player 1 through 4. If the idea was that they were that close he should have brought that same exact team and added Melo as another scorer.

To me the problem with Morey isnt that though. The Rockets have been eliminated the same exact way the last 3 seasons. The playoffs start, elite teams plan for them for 7 games, the 3s stop falling, Harden gets overwhelmed, they get eliminated.

My biggest issue with Morey is after that happening for 3 straight years, hes trying to do it for a 4th year.

Even if he brought that same exact team back id have issues with him.

When CP3 went to the Rockets, we all said it was a great move cause CP3 would work the midrange and get people good shots inside when the 3s dont go down. But instead yall turned CP3 into a 3s or nothing guy. When Melo went to the Rockets, especially after how the 3s didnt drop for yall in the last gamw of the conference finals, we all said it was a good move because Melo would work the midrange and post when the 3s dont go in and instead they got Melo to be a 3 or nothing guy. Same would have happened with Butler on the team.

Even if shit was working for yall, yall would have lost in the playoffs in a series where the 3s just stopped falling. Thats my biggest issue with Morey. After failing for the same reason 3 years in a row, instead of trying to adapt a bit he arrogantly keeps doubling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back