Welcome To aBlackWeb

2017 - 2018 College Football Thread

Former Florida State great Deion Sanders and new FSU coach Willie Taggart are exploring the idea of Sanders joining Taggart's staff in Tallahassee, Noles 247Sports reports.

According to the report, the two are in the "early discussion phase," looking at the possibility of Sanders becoming FSU's defensive backs coach. Sanders was a two-time All-America cornerback at Florida State in 1987 and 1988, and he also played baseball and ran track at the school.

During Florida State's Independence Bowl against Southern Miss in Shreveport, Louisiana, on Wednesday, Sanders was asked about the report.

"You never know. I've been known to make big plays with these colors on," he said with a laugh. "That's all I'm going to say."

Meh, Prime Time, while a GOAT DB and I'm sure he has real knowledge of the game. But I never thought he was supposed to be a coach.

Former Florida State great Deion Sanders and new FSU coach Willie Taggart are exploring the idea of Sanders joining Taggart's staff in Tallahassee, Noles 247Sports reports.

According to the report, the two are in the "early discussion phase," looking at the possibility of Sanders becoming FSU's defensive backs coach. Sanders was a two-time All-America cornerback at Florida State in 1987 and 1988, and he also played baseball and ran track at the school.

During Florida State's Independence Bowl against Southern Miss in Shreveport, Louisiana, on Wednesday, Sanders was asked about the report.

"You never know. I've been known to make big plays with these colors on," he said with a laugh. "That's all I'm going to say."

He commands respect from the youngins, he still charismatic, can motivate....and could bring the FSU swag back...just wonder if he can teach

Prime on the staff would be "interesting" to say the least. Certainly couldn't hurt recruiting. Glad Coach O getting retained. As evidenced by today the kids really respond to him.

Thats crazy because couldnt do shit in the first half

You ready for this game tonight though?

Yea bro...shit I guess

I keep hearing that Mizzou’s offense is very similar to OSU and we shut them down (although we had all our playmakers on D). So I’m hoping some of that carries over and we can manage 24 pts or so on offense.

Yea bro...shit I guess

I keep hearing that Mizzou’s offense is very similar to OSU and we shut them down (although we had all our playmakers on D). So I’m hoping some of that carries over and we can manage 24 pts or so on offense.

I feel the exact same way, I think as long as the offense gives us something we'll have a chance to win

Hopefully we see a little creativity in the play calling but I wouldnt hold my breath lol

Back