$18 Combos and $3 Hashbrowns got McDonalds rethinking all these price hikes.

If workers can't afford anywhere to live, then eventually they won't be able to keep the job. Even if they are replaced, it will just keep happening until the amount of people left that can afford a large fries isn't worth owning a McDonald's for anymore.

a part of it is higher wages, 'cause you'd be hard pressed to find a McDonalds still paying minimum wage at this point (or any fast food spot to be honest). The rest, however, is pure, unadulterated, unregulated corporate greed.

The portion that's higher wages vs pure greed is probably a huge difference. But they tricked people into thinking employees asking for more money was a crime so now you got higher prices for less stuff and automated service.

Chemicals like detergent , fabric softener are getting smaller in size , but are keeping the same price at different stores like Walmart , Target etc

Yo, if you're like me and drink a lot of OJ, keep an eye on them "half gallon" jugs, they cuttin ounces off. Instead of 64oz them shits is now 56, 54, or 52oz.

They don't necessarily have to raise prices like that, but many corporate profits ARE down compared to last year as far as public companies. You have to look at the whole picture. Wage increases do eat into profits, along with everything else that does. You would have to dig deep into the companies financials to really come to feel how much of it really is just greed and how much is total overhead costs increasing for them as a whole. They are facing the same challenges with inflation. Is there likely some exec or two who just didn't want to take a cut in expected gains during the quarter? Yea maybe that's the case too, but you would have to look into it.

They don't necessarily have to raise prices like that, but many corporate profits ARE down compared to last year as far as public companies. You have to look at the whole picture. Wage increases do eat into profits, along with everything else that does. You would have to dig deep into the companies financials to really come to feel how much of it really is just greed and how much is total overhead costs increasing for them as a whole. They are facing the same challenges with inflation. Is there likely some exec or two who just didn't want to take a cut in expected gains during the quarter? Yea maybe that's the case too, but you would have to look into it.

here's a report on McDonalds' profits since 2010

1716510657663.png

Obviously we all can understand the dip in profits in 2020. But in 2021, McD's started raising prices on everything and decreasing staff in every corporate location resulting in a huge jump in profits and that trend has continued until last year. Same thing for Restaurant Brands, owner of Burger King, Popeye's, and Tim Horton's: an expected dip in profits in 2020 followed by increasing profits ever since.

1716511201470.png

here's a report on McDonalds' profits since 2010

View attachment 1315906

Obviously we all can understand the dip in profits in 2020. But in 2021, McD's started raising prices on everything and decreasing staff in every corporate location resulting in a huge jump in profits and that trend has continued until last year. Same thing for Restaurant Brands, owner of Burger King, Popeye's, and Tim Horton's: an expected dip in profits in 2020 followed by increasing profits ever since.

View attachment 1315915
Smh. Makes sense. Probably similar with most food service. My personal experience has been that my food cost went up the most across the board compared to all my other expenses. And I imagine, like me, people noticed it the whole time but just continue to spend, simply because we have to eat.

Last edited:
Smh. Makes sense. Probably similar with most food service. My personal experience has been that my food cost went up the most across the board compared to all my other expenses. And I imagine, like me, people noticed it the whole time but just continue to spend, simply because we have to eat.

That's the fucked up part right there. They know there really ain't shit we can do about these prices unless we're willing to grow our own, and that ain't happening for the vast majority of people in this country.

Reactions: deadeye
But when I told ppl inflation is made tf up hoes said I aint know what I was talkin about cuz the markeh blah blah. Bitch they make prices up as they go and these other businesses don't wana be left out so they follow suit. Like we just forgot Succession existed.

People need to read more books about political economy than supply and demand 102.

Then they would know that most of the world's economy is decided on the whim of a few people.

It's the shareholder economy. When they are feeling greedy, they'll raise prices. When they are feeling the pressure from the political class because us peasants are grumbling about the price of a Big Mac, they'll lower prices.

None of this is based on a carefully constructed and thought out rationale other than "make profit and stock price go boom." They get to dictate our wages and prices of our goods without the consideration of quality of life. It should be a crime but too many people drank the kool-aid of the market and think it's justifiable.

Last edited: