Welcome To aBlackWeb

13 Signs Of A Toxic Parent and How They Damage Their Children Without Realizing It

Every post I have made in here has been on point and direct.

First post "this sound like some cracka shit'. I was right it was some cracka shit.

Second post: Greeks were black.......Early Greeks were black

Third post: common sense is a form of healthy fear. If you walk off a cliff you will get hirt you know that I know that. So we don't do it due to FEAR of hurting ourselves. A healthy fear is basically knowing that certain things will hirt you if you try them. In some cases like @King Du has said he would never disrespect or try his mom out of fear and respect. Hence HEALTHY FEAR.

I can count on one hand my mom has whooped me but I know why I got what I go lt and it was deserved. It taught me a lesson. Some parents take it too far and popping their child(ren) AND some don't take it far enough. Far as mine go if he does something that warrants getting that ass busted oh well. He barely if ever gets punishment because he knows the consequences of what happens. Just like I knew from my parents. You knew fangled fuck niggas with this time out and go sit in the corner actions I hope that work out for you and yours. BUT fuck all that lol

you admit to punching your son Cain.

we have nothing left to discuss

Every child is different. Corporal punishment isn't the end all be all, there are a million and ten non-physical ways to discipline a child. The purpose of discipline should be teaching, not retribution.

Like schools trying out meditation instead of detention, with positive effects. It isn't one option or bust.

You didn't really answer my question tho....

You didn't really answer my question tho....
yes I did. the options are pretty much endless but you seem to want something specific so:

one example would be exercise. instructing them to do a certain number of push ups and such depending on the extent of their wrongdoing. doesn't feel good, but it is good for their body/mind.

hitting them isn't good for their body, mind or emotional state.

yes I did. the options are pretty much endless but you seem to want something specific so:

one example would be exercise. instructing them to do a certain number of push ups and such depending on the extent of their wrongdoing. doesn't feel good, but it is good for their body/mind.

hitting them isn't good for their body, mind or emotional state.

But now they will correlate exercise with punishment and now you are setting them up for a life of obesity.

Question:

Do the folks who have an issue with corporal punishment, or have all these alternatives and advise for awesome parenting have kids themselves...

Or are we debating Apples with the Oranges?

Back