100-mph Tesla Model 3 crash sent hundreds of scorching battery cells flying, started a fire in a house, and took 3 hours to clean up

Walls of text that are never directed at you and never concern you. This little routine of yours is not going to ever result in me giving a fuck what you think about my posting style. The site has an ignore feature. Do yourself a favor. Use it or STFU.

Dude just admit you were wrong amd keep it moving..
Quit trying to move the field goal you old testament narcissist!

Dude just admit you were wrong amd keep it moving..
Quit trying to move the field goal you old testament narcissist!

Bruh, if you have something to show that it wasn't the speed that made this incident such a catastrophe, I'll admit wrong. I have no problem doing that. I've been proven wrong on this site plenty of times. You're on here acting like I said combustion engines or spark plugs are just as dangerous has hot fuel cells. I didn't say anything like that, and you know it.

Fact is... Funny Cars be wrecking at the drag strip and you never hear about homes and trailer homes nearby getting hit with flaming shrapnel. And them mother fuckers run off a derivative of jet fuel!!

You only ever hear this shit about Prius' and Teslas or engineers that blew themselves up with their homebrew hydrogen fuel cells.

Reactions: deadeye
Fact is... Funny Cars be wrecking at the drag strip and you never hear about homes and trailer homes nearby getting hit with flaming shrapnel. And them mother fuckers run off a derivative of jet fuel!!

You only ever hear this shit about Prius' and Teslas or engineers that blew themselves up with their homebrew hydrogen fuel cells.

Combustion based cars have been evolving for decades most of these issues have been ironed out with them.

The electric car industry just really started going. As far as I know they are still using regulations based on normal cars. Typical safety crash testing for cars is around 50 mph. This accident was twice that. Tesla has probably never even tested their cars under those conditions.

All I'm saying is that I don't thermal runaway is the problem here. This didn't happen because the charging process led to overheat and the explosion of the containment. The car was in a 100mph accident, and collisions at speeds like that can be very dangerous particularly vehicles that have likely never been tested under those conditions. Tesla can likely look at this incident and make the containment sturdier. This isn't necessarily an example of the core technology being fatally flawed.

That's all I'm saying. If you still feel I'm moving the goalpost or just plain wrong, then ok. You got it.

• Goat
Reactions: Black_Samson
Bruh, if you have something to show that it wasn't the speed that made this incident such a catastrophe, I'll admit wrong. I have no problem doing that. I've been proven wrong on this site plenty of times. You're on here acting like I said combustion engines or spark plugs are just as dangerous has hot fuel cells. I didn't say anything like that, and you know it.

Dude.

My intial post to you was addressing the batteries and their saftey.

Instead of catching that point, you wigged out and claimed my post had nothing to do with yours.

Speed aint got shit to do with the fact these are high powered batteries connected with shitty weilds and soldering that were forced to touch each other due to a collision.

Ohm Law predicts this will happen, which is why riding around with cells in your floorboards ais a shitty idea.

Pretty sure you recall people blowing their teeth out from misusing unregulated e-cigarette devices, speed aint got shit to do with it.

Dude.

My intial post to you was addressing the batteries and their saftey.

Instead of catching that point, you wigged out and claimed my post had nothing to do with yours.

Speed aint got shit to do with the fact these are high powered batteries connected with shitty weilds and soldering that were forced to touch each other due to a collision.

Ohm Law predicts this will happen, which is why riding around with cells in your floorboards ais a shitty idea.

Pretty sure you recall people blowing their teeth out from misusing unregulated e-cigarette devices, speed aint got shit to do with it.

Look maybe I misjudged the motives behind your post, but you came out the gate with a dickish response so I'm not really sure how else I was supposed to take what you said.

That said, I wasn't wigging out when I said your post had nothing to do with me. I don't disagree with you that those cells can be dangerous. I just think in this case, the speed of the impact is what led to this being so catastrophic. If ya'll know of this type of thing happening at 60 mph too, then I'm wrong and I'll admit that.

Crashing a Tesla at 100mph and only having minor injuries sounds like a W to me lol

Look maybe I misjudged the motives behind your post, but you came out the gate with a dickish response so I'm not really sure how else I was supposed to take what you said.

That said, I wasn't wigging out when I said your post had nothing to do with me. I don't disagree with you that those cells can be dangerous. I just think in this case, the speed of the impact is what led to this being so catastrophic. If ya'll know of this type of thing happening at 60 mph too, then I'm wrong and I'll admit that.
NIGGA THATS CUZ I AM A DICK!
But im equal opportunity with it so it cool.

Here's one article regarding just charging the shits, and or blowing up 2 months after a collision.

Combustion based cars have been evolving for decades most of these issues have been ironed out with them.

The electric car industry just really started going. As far as I know they are still using regulations based on normal cars. Typical safety crash testing for cars is around 50 mph. This accident was twice that. Tesla has probably never even tested their cars under those conditions.

All I'm saying is that I don't thermal runaway is the problem here. This didn't happen because the charging process led to overheat and the explosion of the containment. The car was in a 100mph accident, and collisions at speeds like that can be very dangerous particularly vehicles that have likely never been tested under those conditions. Tesla can likely look at this incident and make the containment sturdier. This isn't necessarily an example of the core technology being fatally flawed.

That's all I'm saying. If you still feel I'm moving the goalpost or just plain wrong, then ok. You got it.
im not saying its the cause of the crash........them cells are dangerous and the start of thermal runaway when a tesla crashes.

its been cases where the cells reignite hours later and up to six days after the crash.

its been cases where a tesla crashes and they cant put out the fire from dodging shrapnel from the batteries igniting

so them cells flying out...was kinda a good thing in this case. but these crashes cause a different type of collateral damage.

i see you point as far as parts of a car coming off.....but this aint that....these things can start fires and constantly exploded over hours and also reignite over hours.

and to add the fumes from the cells being released and whatever other substances.

so you wasnt wrong per se

• Ether
Reactions: deadeye
NIGGA THATS CUZ I AM A DICK!
But im equal opportunity with it so it cool.

Here's one article regarding just charging the shits, and or blowing up 2 months after a collision.

Fair enough. I respect the consistency. And yeah that's crazy in the link. It seems like they don't fully understand some of the problems. Dude got the car checked out and they didn't catch whatever problem led to the fire. It seems like the tech isn't as mature as people believe.

im not saying its the cause of the crash........them cells are dangerous and the start of thermal runaway when a tesla crashes.

its been cases where the cells reignite hours later and up to six days after the crash.

its been cases where a tesla crashes and they cant put out the fire from dodging shrapnel from the batteries igniting

so them cells flying out...was kinda a good thing in this case. but these crashes cause a different type of collateral damage.

i see you point as far as parts of a car coming off.....but this aint that....these things can start fires and constantly exploded over hours and also reignite over hours.

and to add the fumes from the cells being released and whatever other substances.

so you wasnt wrong per se

I get what you're saying. I was talking more about the specifics of this incident. You and @Black_Samson are talking about the general instability and associated danger of the tech. I didn't know it was that problematic. They make it seem like it all works to perfection.