Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED “The Absent Black Father”

test
But my biggest irritation with this is that a lotta people in the schools still will assume there's not a man in the house every time a black boy act up.

I'm positive as shit. He has a positive black role model, the kids just being an asshole

Facts, because I was exactly that kid.

I have a great father who did his best to shield me from shit that I kept running to. Not only a great role model for me(he still the bar for everything I try to be today) but to a bunch of my cousins and neighborhood friends.

Both grandfathers in my life too. I just went through an extended phase of wanting to do hoodrat shit with my friends.

IMG_6468.png

Grew out of it before I did some crazy life altering dumb shit. Shout out to pops tho, he still that nigga.

I can be real and say a lot of friends when I was a kid didn’t have a pops active in their life.
Same, but I also had a bunch of friends who had present dads that just wasn't good at responsibilities n shit. Like the knew their dad's, them niggaz just wasn't shit for real.

It was very few niggaz who had no idea who their dad was.

Same, but I also had a bunch of friends who had present dads that just wasn't good at responsibilities n shit. Like the knew their dad's, them niggaz just wasn't shit for real.

It was very few niggaz who had no idea who their dad was.
Yea. A lot of “I don’t know him like that” type of situations.

Yall know how these “promote positivity” threads go.

Someone always has to find a way to shit on it.
Just like the HBCU thread.

Salute to all the pappies!

Facts, because I was exactly that kid.

I have a great father who did his best to shield me from shit that I kept running to. Not only a great role model for me(he still the bar for everything I try to be today) but to a bunch of my cousins and neighborhood friends.

Both grandfathers in my life too. I just went through an extended phase of wanting to do hoodrat shit with my friends.

View attachment 1260684

Grew out of it before I did some crazy life altering dumb shit. Shout out to pops tho, he still that nigga.
Here why that perception exists:

If you have a father - especially a black one - how many phone calls home you think before he’s had enough and it’s time to put the belt to that ass?

I figure once a dad starts swinging that strap, the bullshit stops. So either the house is too lax with him at the helm, or he ain’t there.

I can definitely tell which households with dads are going hard to make sure their kids are acting right and which households don’t have that type of order, cause I deal with it every day.

Idk why we catch the blunt force of a lot of nonsense. Media, fear mongering, jokes, etc.. Idk.

Yes, some fathers are absent, but that's all races. Down here, whites, puerto ricans, blacks, and even the local dudes here, etc.. knock up these women and get the hell on. Especially, due to child support law enforcement being crappy. Sadly, some of the natives only point at blacks. This one chica I was friends with, I was helping her and her kids out. The kids father is Puerto Rican and was already married.

Even that "hide something from blacks, put it in a book" nonsense. It's all races. A lot of other races don't read or have a lot of knowledge.

If you have a father - especially a black one - how many phone calls home you think before he’s had enough and it’s time to put the belt to that ass?

I figure once a dad starts swinging that strap, the bullshit stops. So either the house is too lax with him at the helm, or he ain’t there.

I can definitely tell which households with dads are going hard to make sure their kids are acting right and which households don’t have that type of order, cause I deal with it every day.

Whooping ass ain’t the only way anymore

Good question. Because when I was a kid, pops could factory reset us with a look. But kids gon be kids, and sometimes we act up.

As a teenager I had a rebellious phase too. And everything I did was me trying to shed the perception of the sheltered kid that I actually was. So I talked shit that I could never back up if my card would’ve gotten pulled. Always tried to be the first to fight. Always down for whatever.

But that was all insecurity. I had short nigga syndrome. Didn’t get my growth spurt til like 19-20.

So while at times I didn’t always “listen” to pops, I heard all that shit. Stuff he said always comes back to me from decades ago and I still be like “Damn he was right!!”

That’s how I know I had a good father. My brothers/sister all military or college educated. No criminals/deadbeats in my immediate family. Closest to that was me. And I’m decades removed from that shit

Ehhh that shit dont always work

There were times that we didn't see eye to eye and we would bump heads. I can hear my mom say "y'all clash because you're just alike."

Out my circle of friends, my brother and I were the only ones with both parents at home. I get my sense of humor and work ethic from him. Most importantly, I know how to be a great dad because of him.

Back