Welcome To aBlackWeb

“HBCUs and its commitment to anti-Blackness” violations and abuse thread LATEST: HOWARD STUDENTS COUGHING UP BLOOD / DORMS UNINHABITABLE

Fair or Foul?

• Fair, an institution is able to do what it wants when it wants

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Foul, its clear hes trying to better his life

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
I'm an hbcu grad and I can honestly say that in my entire time at Tenn. St. I never met one student that the bolded applied to. I had more than my fair share of issues with TSU while I was there but as unhappy as I was with the administration and as pissed off as I was the bolded never applied to me and I never met anyone that it applied to. I was a mad ass student/alumni and I gravitated towards similar minded people and as pissed as we all were with school administration the bolded never crossed any of our minds. You'll be hard pressed to find a student/alumni who was as pissed as their school as I was. With that being said I honestly have no idea what @BlackRain is talking about.

That's you personally. That don't mean those people don't exist. Same as there's people at PWI who would've preferred to go to an HBCU there's kids at HBCUs that wanted the opposite but that legacy shit has a strong hold on people when deciding where to go to school

Classism and racism are intertwined in the US forever. The upper class is viewed as white Hampton wants their business students to be upper class so no locs cuz white folks fear locs. It’s one thing to want better it’s a whole other thing to take away my culture because it scares folks.
Or maybe they just old and outdated. Idk, but all of this stuff with the facilities is definitely mismanagement and not an attack on the students just because they're black.

Or maybe they just old and outdated. Idk, but all of this stuff with the facilities is definitely mismanagement and not an attack on the students just because they're black.

It's not an attack on students because they're black but it does unfortunately feed into the narrative that HBCUs mismanage funds more often than they should. And that's something that affects more than just Howard students

It's not an attack on students because they're black but it does unfortunately feed into the narrative that HBCUs mismanage funds more often than they should. And that's something that affects more than just Howard students
I do agree with that. I've had friends from multiple different HBCU's and none of them had anything good to say about the administration. Whether it's financial aid getting screwed up, having to stand in line to register for classes in the internet age, etc., nothing goes as smoothly as it should.

I do agree with that. I've had friends from multiple different HBCU's and none of them had anything good to say about the administration. Whether it's financial aid getting screwed up, having to stand in line to register for classes in the internet age, etc., nothing goes as smoothly as it should.

It’s not just from the student perspective. I work in higher ed. Lotta my black colleagues, whether faculty or staff, will tell you if you start off at PWI you rarely want to transition to an HBCU. Gross fund mismanagement is rampant and too much of that talented tenth mentality at upper levels.

Yeah most of the people I know and hang around who did go to college also went to HBCUs. Plus growing up in DC with both Howard and Bowie State right next door you hear alot about them. And the one constant theme was mismanagement of funds and often having to wait til the semester had already started before shit was ironed out. No reason for it to have been that way in the 2000s and damn sure not in 2021. Especially Howard. I said it before this is the 2nd or 3rd time in just a few years the students have had to.do this in regards to an issue on that campus and it shouldn't be that way for as expensive as that school is

Howard has been in hell since Tyrone was stealing from financial aid and was wearing wooly mammoth coats. The eye wash station and poor living conditions are unacceptable especially cuz like @BlackRain said they charge a lot for students to go there. The few Howard alumni I've encountered are arrogant and kinda uppity negros so I'm not surprised they're not speaking up for the current students

Poor housing conditions don’t equal being anti black in my eyes

yeah because this thread is solely about poor housing conditions

but furthermore Black ppl have always been predisposed to POOR housing conditions and its always been and always will be Anti-Black

sit this one out champ

This thread started out as "Howard is anti-black because they turned a felon away from lying on his app."

Now it's turned into "Howard is anti-black because the campus has substandard living conditions."

Shit is being thrown at the wall here just to see what sticks.

Back