Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tyre Nichols Beat To Death By Memphis Police

yeah they can get the fuck outa here with this bullshit talkin about how the cops are stressed out and make $14 an hour.

They aint beat this man to death because they were underpaid or because of lack of training smfh. Maher always pisses me off when this fuckin doof tries to talk about race with a panel full of white people

the quote for anyone wondering

BILL MAHER: This week, people learn the names of a couple of cities here in California. Half Moon Bay and Monterey Park was the other one.

And, you know, these shootings happen we go through these this ritual where then we wait for the, for them to announce the race of the shooter. We’re waiting for the Oscar nominations because that’s, you know, somehow to a lot of people, the most important thing. And I just thought it was very interesting that this week, Asians were killed by Asians. Two Asian men who were, you know, 66 and 72.

And then this week, we just got this video of the Memphis Five. A Black man is brutally beaten in Memphis by five cops. They’re all Black.

I guess what I’m asking is America’s culture of violence. It does go deeper than race. Right? And I think this mono-focus we have on race is short-circuiting us trying to fix some of the realer problems. Would you agree?

TIM RYAN: Well, definitely deeper concerns here. And this is an opportunity for us to have that conversation. The conversation about mental health, the conversation about guns, the conversation about.

BILL MAHER: Cops.

TIM RYAN: The cops and the stress, and the stress the cops are under. And I’m not defending these guys, of course, this is a tragedy. They should be prosecuted, full extent of the law, the whole nine yards. But if we don’t at some level realize that it’s not a white cop or a Black cop, it’s a cop who’s under stress, who’s underpaid. I had cops in my congressional district, tBill. They were getting paid $14 an hour.

I get what bill is sayin. But imo those 5 cops would not have done that to tyre if he was white.

I wish sum one on the panel woulda asked bill that.

Well, people have to be careful when saying that. The fact is white people do get abused by the cops. In fact more white people catch this treatment than blacks (which makes sense given there are many more white people in this country). The problem is that there is a racial angle in some of the police brutality cases against black people that just isn't there for white people no matter how many of them are brutalize. The other big thing is white people seem ok with the brutality while black people aren't. The same people that will point out that unarmed white people get shot by the cops too are also the ones that are against black people doing anything to try and get reform in the justice system.

Back