Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

It wasnt necessarily a mask lie. Early on in the pandemic government and health officials were worried about a mask shortage. The general public was going out and buying em all, then there might be none for health care workers.

Plus early on no one knew it was so easily transmitted or that it would get this bad.

lol You said it was a lie and immediately identified their lie. They said that masks weren't effective, and we know that was solely to get the public to stop buying masks so first responders would have more. They knew masks were effective. If they didn't, they wouldn't have believed it was so vital go make sure first responders had them. You can argue that lying might have been the most effective way of achieving their goal, but it was still a lie, and it has still been detrimental to the new effort to get people to wear masks.

lol You said it was a lie and immediately identified their lie. They said that masks weren't effective, and we know that was solely to get the public to stop buying masks so first responders would have more. They knew masks were effective. If they didn't, they wouldn't have believed it was so vital go make sure first responders had them. You can argue that lying might have been the most effective way of achieving their goal, but it was still a lie, and it has still been detrimental to the new effort to get people to wear masks.

Whut? Bruh did you read what i said.

I said it wasn't a mask lie....and, they didn't know it was so easily transmitted or that it would get this bad.

Whut? Bruh did you read what i said.

I said it wasn't a mask lie....and, they didn't know it was so easily transmitted or that it would get this bad.

Yes, I read what you said. It was a mask lie because they claimed masks weren't that effective when they actually knew they were. Other countries like S. Korea and Japan were already making masks mandatory and both countries are basically done with the outbreak. Part of the reason it is this bad, particularly in the U.S., is because of how they bungled the response. You can't let them off the hook by saying they didn't know it would get this bad when that lie and some of their other decisions are part of why it is this bad.

Yes, I read what you said. It was a mask lie because they claimed masks weren't that effective when they actually knew they were. Other countries like S. Korea and Japan were already making masks mandatory and both countries are basically done with the outbreak. Part of the reason it is this bad, particularly in the U.S., is because of how they bungled the response. You can't let them off the hook by saying they didn't know it would get this bad when that lie and some of their other decisions are part of why it is this bad.

Jesus christ. I stand by the fact they did not know it was so easily transmitted, thats why they were not pushing mask use. And they were fearful of a mask shortage hurting health care workers....both points can be true.

Jesus christ. I stand by the fact they did not know it was so easily transmitted, thats why they were not pushing mask use. And they were fearful of a mask shortage hurting health care workers....both points can be true.

Stand wherever you want. Like I said, other countries were already implementing mandatory mask laws because everyone already knew mask would be useful given what they knew about the spread of the virus. The didn't simple "not push mask use." They came out an said that masks didn't really work. That was a lie. They knew masks had some use. The reason they said that was to keep demand for masks going the direction that demand for toilet tissue went. If you want to believe the spin that's come out to cover the lie, that's on you.

That coon and trumps rambling non answer...

tenor.gif

Back