Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't really stand out to ME much but it's still disappointing to see another non-white candidate drop out of the race while we still got folks like Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Bloomberg and Williamson hanging around

Im not a Biden fan by any stretch but considering the source of this tweet(Tariq).. I'd like to see it from another source as well lol
I really try to not post tariq things in here because you guys love to shoot the messenger to pretend the message isnt valid But that's why I quoted myself.. Check the video above to see how Joe Biden feels about you

I really try to not post tariq things in here because you guys love to shoot the messenger to pretend the message isnt valid But that's why I quoted myself.. Check the video above to see how Joe Biden feels about you

It's not about shooting the messenger, I just happen to disagree with Tariq on several things and I know how clips can be chopped and edited in order to paint a narrative.

That's why I'll look on my own time to see what the context was. Tariq may be absolutely right on this take... but I'd rather confirm it myself rather then basing my opinion on his word alone and a 19 second clip.

Will check the other video you posted as well. Again.. i'm not a fan of Biden at all.. lol

just for clarity... came across this:

The video in question, which your humble blogger will not link to, shows only 19 seconds of a 13-minute monologue that Biden delivered in New Hampshire. Biden had been asked by an audience member to speak about his work and his agenda on sexual assault and domestic violence.

Biden opened by talking about how English common law in the 1300s allowed for husbands to beat their wives, and then said that we had inherited this “cultural problem.” Biden then talked at great length about his father’s teachings to him, his work in the Senate on domestic violence, and other related matters.

Toward the end, Biden circled back to English common law, and said this:
Folks, this is about changing the culture, our culture, our culture. It’s not imported from some African nation or some Asian nation. It’s our English jurisprudential culture, our European culture, that says it’s all right.

The edited video removes that first sentence and the very last clause, so all you hear is this:
Our culture, our culture. It’s not imported from some African nation or some Asian nation. It’s our English jurisprudential culture, our European culture.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-edited-video-joe-biden-signals-whats-coming/

Full Video (Haven't got the timecode yet):

Again... this is why context is important and not just giving hot takes and knee jerk reactions. All that being said... I still hope Biden isn't the nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back