Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this should be a separate thread but i've been thinking lately... what does "holding them accountable" after an election look like?

Elections of course are a time to lay out what it's gonna take in order to get your vote... but how do black folks specifically hold politicians accountable with the knowledge that Dems think they can get our vote without putting too much work in since voting Republican isnt really an option?

What does that accountability look like? Calling up representatives and continuing to apply pressure well after elections? What leverage can we use?

Serious question

I think it means laying out demands and concerns when it's not an election year and a popular topic. There's also pooling and putting up money and candidates. And finally... for too long we've been using the church as a voting bloc... that shit is dead. DE D dead. The black chuch (Actually all churches) are corrupt. To the core. We need real representation in a sense that I can feel comfortable donating money that I know will not be mismanaged and actually work in our favor.

Allegedly
I'm all for every one of these politicians dirt coming to the forefront. Every. Single. One. Regardless of political affiliation.

I would never defend any of these shiesty fucks

But let it come from someone's "preferred candidate" and logic falls out the window.

Makes u no different than the other side

Allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back