Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Trans Be Obligated To Tell Potential Partners Their Original Sex?

Should They Be Obligated To Tell?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Should Trans be obligated to tell potential partners their original sexuality?

Is that fair to the trans being that they don't identify as their original sex?

Is that deceiving to not tell them?

Thoughts?

Yes they should. Trans people playing with their lives by not telling people who they really are, I've read a few instances where dudes killed a trans for keeping they were born a male a secret. Look at Sidney Starr and how she was tricking niggas into thinking she was a female and playing games with people and having dudes embarrassed. I'm pretty damn sure a hetero male isn't trying to get intimate with another male and wouldn't if that was known from the get go

I believe yes they are obligated to tell the other partner that they were born male and give the other the choice if he is open to that cause do you really want to marry a man who wouldn't accept you for who you are and love you for all of you.?
Also I know most males come into a serious relationship in hopes of having children later in the relationship and that isn't possible with a transgender and isn't fair to the MALE in the relationship to not tell him in hopes he will bare children...
I also agree with Chi that's dangerous territory...

There's trans women out there too, and if I met one, even if I'm just your friend I expect you to tell me, so if we were dating, hell yes you'd have to tell the truth. Its shady af not to.

I don't think a trans person should disclose who they are.
Because of safety reasons and the fact it implies that trans people are abhorrent and should be "warned" about. (which is false)

Lets face the facts!!!
a lot of people know when they are messing with a transgender person, period.
when a person says they *didn't know*, they are lying more often than not and at the end of the day what does it matter?
outside of reproduction....
WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!!?

lol like nobody is tricked into dating a trans person
cut the BS
I think a trans person should only inform the person if they are thinking about kids
that's it.

Once I take on a new ID, once I transition into whoever I am becoming, it doesn't matter what I was before outside of reproduction.
I no longer ID with that self.
...therefore, its not my right to tell you.
If you feel tricked.....oh well.

:word?:you knew what it was from the beginning.
Like I said, people are seldom tricked when it comes to these things.

Transgender people are not out here running game on cisgender, heterosexual - identifying men and women.
Cis-hetero men and women run game on themselves. You were attracted to someone that was different and now you running around pointing fingers, blaming transgender people for your "ignorance" because you wanted to be on some "freaky" shit.
lmaoooooo stop it.

Stop infringing on peoples rights because you're uncomfortable.
Stop being scared of the fact that sexuality falls on a spectrum and one day you might be doing the "mmmmmbop" with a trans person.

Perfect example of this was an episode of "Star."

The he-she got beat up by a guy behind a club, b/c shim didn't reveal that it was a transformer.

Because of safety reasons and the fact it implies that trans people are abhorrent and should be "warned" about. (which is false)

Lets face the facts!!!
when a person says they *didn't know*, they are lying more often than not and at the end of the day what does it matter?
WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!!?

cut the BS
I think a trans person should only inform the person if they are thinking about kids
that's it.

Once I take on a new ID, once I transition into whoever I am becoming, it doesn't matter what I was before outside of reproduction.

Transgender people are not out here running game on cisgender, heterosexual - identifying men and women.
Cis-hetero men and women run game on themselves. You were attracted to someone that was different and now you running around pointing fingers, blaming transgender people for your "ignorance" because you wanted to be on some "freaky" shit.
lmaoooooo stop it.

Stop being scared of the fact that sexuality falls on a spectrum and one day you might be doing the "mmmmmbop" with a trans person.

How is that violating their rights? Why wouldn't that be significant on the lines of becoming partners?

And on these rare occasions that a transperson does trick someone, does that make it ok? Why trick someone if you're comfortable with who you are? What if that person has no recollection or suspicions until the actual act of a sexual encounter approaches?

In any case, it's not a violation of anyone's right to not be comfortable with the idea of being on an intimate level. You can't force people to accept anything, but all they can do is respect it.

The LGBTQ community identifies those who live as the gender assigned at birth as cis so why would it be a problem to identify themselves as trans to someone they are interested in dating who shares the same interest?

No one is saying they have to announce it to the world who they choose to live as, but you have to inform those you plan to become romantic with, then let them choose if they want to move fwd into a relationship...or not.

Last edited:

Lets face the facts!!!
WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!!?

cut the BS
that's it.

lmaoooooo stop it.

Your argument is flawed and you tried to preface it be stating people usually know. How can you say that when you have people like Sidney Star walking around who no one would know was born a man unless it had been disclosed? Are you saying that it is never hidden? And that all people who end up romantically interested in a transgendered person know on first contact that they were transgendered? I find that hard to believe....

A better question for you is if a person approaches a trans person assuming they were born as the gender the identify as, should they tell them the truth? Is it ok to knowingly mislead them?

@BNE what are your thoughts on the topic?
I think it's unwise for all parties not to. By not telling, especially if you never intend to tell, you are in effect lying by omission because you're letting them run with the assumption that you are cisgender. Because most people are cisgender and that isn't an unreasonable assumption to make, if you haven't been informed otherwise.

How are you going to explain not having cycles? Not ejaculating semen? Dodging a fertility dr appointment when/if he or she wants to start a family biologically? Where wld it end? It's not a white lie that concerns no one else. It's lying by omission that wld lead to more weighty lies. Not a good foundation.

If anything, telling them ur trans early on is a good screening process. They could've spent that time being with someone who accepts every aspect of them, rather than keep it from them out of fear of being disqualified. You shouldn't want to be with people who wouldn't, given full disclosure, want to be with you.

The best a trans man or woman can hope 4 in lying by omission to someone they're dating about their birth sex, is that they'll understand y u lied. N even the best of people can have lingering resentment when deceit is revealed, especially if it leads into other lies.

I understand @Race Jones's perspective, and theoretically I agree but I think it's idealistic. Does the need to know if someone fully transitioned was born a different sex have transphobic origins? Probably. But that doesn't negate an individual's right to not want to date or be with someone trans, even if the reasoning has arguably transphobic undertones.

Also, I don't think the safety argument has much of a role because we're not talking about telling every Tom dick and Harry. Yes, trans people have lost their lives due to people finding out and that can't be overlooked.

if you're dating someone and being physically intimate or having a future together is on the table, that is when they have a right to know.

Back