Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

The argument isn't pro anything. Y'all made it sound like I was advocating for what they are doing. I didn't. I just said that I can't tell another group how they should go about protecting their neighborhood.

The difference between this and lynching is that there was no threat back then. The whites just wanted to kill black people. If that's the same shit the Mexicans are on then fuck them, let them reap what they sow. But what I said about them at the start was in response to a video where the dude just said blacks weren't welcome while the looting was going down. I didn't object to that just like I don't object to Trick Trick putting up his no fly zone.

What exactly was Trick Trick no fly zone about?

America and all these white, developed countries are built off the looting and pillaging of our ancestral homeland, Africa. America was built by the blood sweat and tears of black slaves. All this shit belong to us and we have every right to burn and loot this shit. They won't pay us what they owe us, we gon take it. Well not me, I'm chilling with my newborn baby. Can't take no risks right now.

Expectations are being placed upon people that just don’t deserve to have expectations placed on them. A good chunk of celebrities don’t need to be heard from outside of their capacity to entertain.

MF on Twitter actually asked Simone Richards what she thought about the current state of affairs and why she wasn’t using her platform to speak up.
I’d agree with that, but my question was more so about people who got a lot to say on social media but they not out there with the people.

I’m kind of torn. I think people like Diddy and Jay and even Barack and Kamala and Lebron, etc., any black person with a large platform, should be out with the people. I know some like J. Cole are out there and I do appreciate that.

But I do understand that their presence may be a distraction as well.

What do y’all think?

I think Diddy and Jay are opportunist.. Diddy much more egregiously.. from very early one i says early 2000 i could see the way they were moving an positioning themselves.. Diddy is just blatant

the shit Jay is doing with the NFL an various organization connecte to their platform is some compromising bullshit and thats keeping it light

i value articulation more than the novelty of their names or the money

I’m kind of torn. I think people like Diddy and Jay and even Barack and Kamala and Lebron, etc., any black person with a large platform, should be out with the people. I know some like J. Cole are out there and I do appreciate that.

But I do understand that their presence may be a distraction as well.

What do y’all think?

When you're that high profile you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Diddy does a bunch of shit but whenever it's made public people say "He's just doing it for publicity"...but I didn't see a bunch of new outlets covering when he wrote that check to save the Boys Choir of Harlem when they almost went under. So I can understand why some celebs choose to give privately to not deal with people questioning their true motives...on the other hand you also have to accept that reality of not everybody is going to think you're genuine so fuck them and just doing what you do. It's all a personal choice, but I can understand why a person would make either one

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit like hell...

...man in 9th grade punk ass white boy working at Hecht's in downtown DC thought I was stealing some Nautica sweatpants (I wasn't)...

...I'm on the escalator to Metro Center finna hop on the Red Line and take my ass home and get grabbed up by two Deebo ass undercover ass niggas.

They cuff me the fuck up and walk my little ass up several levels through the store - mommas wit they kids lookin at me like I'm America's Most Wanted and shit...the Black girls working the makeup and jewelry section all frowning at me like I'm the personification of every wrong with "today's youth"... :scust1:

...held my held up because childhood showed me a lot of niggas I looked up to get locked up, and they all kept their head up like it won't nuthin, so in my mind I'm like "fuck it - do the same thing"...

...They take me in the back and after 5mins they like "we made a mistake - you can leave" - nevermind the fact that I was only 14 and they were 'sposed to call my parents - niggas just told me to hit the road.

My parents sued them niggas and settled outta court for a cool 30 racks. Got a used car when I got my license, some trick off money, and the rest went to college tuition...

...now, imagine what they finna get actually gettin touched up and the shit bein on TV.

:lookatthisshit:

Smooth move by their lawyer too to have em on CNN - that shit just upped the fuck out the reward...

...PTSD? Sure, they may have it. Counseling? OK cool, you be aight my nigga - yo you tuff right?

But when that check come?

Fuuuuuck outta here - nigga it's ON!!

:haa:

Nigga did you say Hect's? Damn that's a store I ain't thought about in a long ass time

Agitators. He was banning anyone from outside of the city from coming into the city if they planned on rioting or looting the city.

Oh ok I thought it was on some shit I remember that he was doing back in the day in regards to performing artists coming to his city without checking in with him.

Some of these comments from these big companies are really surprising me. Sony released a pro BLM tweet and some playstation users responded with some bullshit. Sony basically shut them down to the point that people were questioning if it was really Sony. Then they turned around and donated money to the cause. This is all pretty interesting. If nothing of substance comes out of all this, then nothing of substance will ever come.

What exactly was Trick Trick no fly zone about?

He organized Detroit rappers like Icewear Vezzo, K Deezy, Royce politicians, individuals with influence etc and have set up factions in which they have patrolled the streets to make sure outsiders weren't causing chaos in the city. And honestly it's been successful, the people of Detroit have been united and shit hasn't been popping off like it has in other states.

I understand riots and looting has its place but the city has been trying to rebuild and despite the gentrification we have a lot of Black businesses in the city and it's on the come up. So it's really about maintaining that progress.

First night of the protests they said about 80% of the people that were arrested were from outside the city and some even coming as far as Tennessee. They put a stop to that so far

Back