Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

this was insightful

i know a lot of people were very upset at Zion's limited minutes

that game wasnt won or loss b/c Zion was on minutes restriction though, but you cant speak logic to some people

@silverfoxx Hope u are ok, i know u were extremely hyped going into that game.
I'm good brother! Thanks for asking.

Zion was not the reason why we lost. We lost because we can't close out games and turnovers. An argument can be made that Zion made us loose this game and his lack of conditioning should make him leave the bubble. I feel fans are just looking for a scapegoat reason of how to win, and until we address the fact that we lack closing game winning schemes, defensive assignments, a non athletic starting center, and a PG that struggles in the half court when the game matter than having Zion won't matter.

This game is a wash

I wanna see the young boys get some tick in the second half. The schedule gets easier after this but if this the effort that's gonna be rolling out there then just hang it up

guess it's an understatement that tonight is a must win

hopefully they come out with a sense of urgency

I wouldnt mind seeing what NAW can do with Jackson's minutes, but i think they trying to find any reason to keep Jackson at this point.

are u guys giving up on Lonzo already?
No and I'm about to stop posting about the team. Nobody really trying to have in depth convos/exchanges about them

Niggas just wanna talk about Zion being fat and other shit that don't have nothing to do with actual assessments of the team as a whole

There are some legit criticisms that can be made for sure but I ain't gonna never just shit on my team because casual niggas that don't watch the team or national pundits try to tell me they know more about them than I do or they think they know how to run the team better than the people in charge.

It's been a ton of trash ass hot takes since bubble play started.

I personally believe Lonzo will be ok. Hell, even LeBron, an MVP candidate is still adjusting to the bubble. Why aren't people talking about giving up on him?

Might be an apples to oranges comparison but a couple of the pelicans have not adjusted to the bubble. Mainly Zo and melli. Not sure what's going on but they didn't just forget how to play ball.

If they somehow end up in the playoffs, hopefully they'll find their game and get back to their pre Covid productivity

No and I'm about to stop posting about the team. Nobody really trying to have in depth convos/exchanges about them
Dude, i rarely post about the Lakers in the main NBA thread. I do my in depth convos in the Lakers thread.

I pretty much agree with what u said. Hopefully they can turn things around, selfishly, i would rather face u guys than the Blazers.

I'll post for more in depth posts in here but I been pretty disappointed in the Pels effort and urgency which is why I been clowning them. It's not just on here, been like that on Twitter and other sites as well.

@AP21 I agree some takes can be trash like blaming everything on Zion not playing is why we are losing but there are LEGIT concerns about his conditioning. Not on some Zion is fat shit, but I'm concerned how quickly he loses his fluidity and endurance as excessive weight gain in 13 days. Makes me pretty worried for future nagging injuries if he can't play on them for 5 days if his conditioning will go left that fast. Griffin and staff are all aware of how challenging his body is so we will have to trust the staff and hope for the best but seeing that nigga everytime just look out of shape is a frustrating site to see.

Won't front whenever gets me really frustrated my defensive mechanism is just to demiss it and make a joke about it so I won't take it personal. BTW Lonzo shit is more perplexing and difficult then we think since he wants max dollars and won't get that and is on his last year next year. Also he is a issue in half court offense and has not show much growth to break down defenders.

I would feel better about Zo situation if he had 2 years left, but we gonna have to make important decisions soon if he doesn't improve in a shortened off season.

I'll post for more in depth posts in here but I been pretty disappointed in the Pels effort and urgency which is why I been clowning them. It's not just on here, been like that on Twitter and other sites as well.

@AP21 I agree some takes can be trash like blaming everything on Zion not playing is why we are losing but there are LEGIT concerns about his conditioning. Not on some Zion is fat shit, but I'm concerned how quickly he loses his fluidity and endurance as excessive weight gain in 13 days. Makes me pretty worried for future nagging injuries if he can't play on them for 5 days if his conditioning will go left that fast. Griffin and staff are all aware of how challenging his body is so we will have to trust the staff and hope for the best but seeing that nigga everytime just look out of shape is a frustrating site to see.

Won't front whenever gets me really frustrated my defensive mechanism is just to demiss it and make a joke about it so I won't take it personal. BTW Lonzo shit is more perplexing and difficult then we think since he wants max dollars and won't get that and is on his last year next year. Also he is a issue in half court offense and has not show much growth to break down defenders.

I would feel better about Zo situation if he had 2 years left, but we gonna have to make important decisions soon if he doesn't improve in a shortened off season.
I think all of these are fair criticisms

But if the pelicans don't like what they have gotten from Zo in one season, I trust them to make the best decision moving forward. His stats with Zion on the court are pretty good or rather his impact.

Zo has undergone a huge transformation in his game all in one off season. That's nothing to gloss over. Changing someone's shot mechanic is MAJOR. If they decide to keep him, then I hope they are able to come to a contract both sides can agree on. But I'm personally not ready to give up on him.

Same with Zion. Dude just getting to the league and had to spend most of it on the sidelines. The knock on Nola was always poor training/medical staff. Now that we have a great one, I don't understand why people don't want them to do their job. You can't have it both ways.

That's why I kept telling you at the start of the season that playoffs this year was a long shot and don't even get your hopes up but if somehow managed to, it was lagniappe. They have had one of the biggest roster turnovers in the off-season. If anyone expected them to be contending for a title this year, then they're the fool and living in a fantasy

Griff kept telling everyone from day one to temper expectations but now people wanna act like they've been lied to. I might not always agree or understand certain things that happen, but I ain't never gonna shit on them for another nigga entertainment.

I might be alone in that and I'm ok with that

Dude, i rarely post about the Lakers in the main NBA thread. I do my in depth convos in the Lakers thread.

I pretty much agree with what u said. Hopefully they can turn things around, selfishly, i would rather face u guys than the Blazers.
This my thing, if they make it then get swept, what will the narrative be then? They don't give participation trophies for making it to the playoffs. Ask AD how he feels about that.

They scrape and crawl and and somehow sneak in and get swept, what will the jokes be about then?

I'm all for jokes believe it or not but sometimes corny shit is corny and it has to be called out without getting labeled as feelings

I think all of these are fair criticisms

But if the pelicans don't like what they have gotten from Zo in one season, I trust them to make the best decision moving forward. His stats with Zion on the court are pretty good or rather his impact.

Zo has undergone a huge transformation in his game all in one off season. That's nothing to gloss over. Changing someone's shot mechanic is MAJOR. If they decide to keep him, then I hope they are able to come to a contract both sides can agree on. But I'm personally not ready to give up on him.

Same with Zion. Dude just getting to the league and had to spend most of it on the sidelines. The knock on Nola was always poor training/medical staff. Now that we have a great one, I don't understand why people don't want them to do their job. You can't have it both ways.

That's why I kept telling you at the start of the season that playoffs this year was a long shot and don't even get your hopes up but if somehow managed to, it was lagniappe. They have had one of the biggest roster turnovers in the off-season. If anyone expected them to be contending for a title this year, then they're the fool and living in a fantasy

Griff kept telling everyone from day one to temper expectations but now people wanna act like they've been lied to. I might not always agree or understand certain things that happen, but I ain't never gonna shit on them for another nigga entertainment.

I might be alone in that and I'm ok with that
I'm with you on all of this, but my concern is shit like Zion saying this

He is young, and a rookie, but we have to establish a Culture of accountability, pride, and urgency. Too many nice guys on this team and I blame a decent amount of that on lack of communication and Gentry. While Zion is young, we have to make sure that he leaders around him to make sure that effort and pride in Defense is just as important as offense. We seen how much pride he had at Duke.

And it's not about "learning Defense in the NBA" which is fair we seen AD struggle early on like most rooks, but Zion effort and alot of players just don't take Defense personal which is a reflection of lack of accountability and Gentry feeding that " they out shot us, what do you do?!?" Shit to the team of young players.

That's why I fucks with teams like the Raptors, and Bucks because they take defense personal and it's taught by them to do so. We need that here, as well which will help a TON I believe even with our offensive half court woes, defensive turnovers will generate so many fastbreak points which the way our young guys thrive in.

I'm with you on all of this, but my concern is shit like Zion saying this

He is young, and a rookie, but we have to establish a Culture of accountability, pride, and urgency. Too many nice guys on this team and I blame a decent amount of that on lack of communication and Gentry. While Zion is young, we have to make sure that he leaders around him to make sure that effort and pride in Defense is just as important as offense. We seen how much pride he had at Duke.

And it's not about "learning Defense in the NBA" which is fair we seen AD struggle early on like most rooks, but Zion effort and alot of players just don't take Defense personal which is a reflection of lack of accountability and Gentry feeding that " they out shot us, what do you do?!?" Shit to the team of young players.

That's why I fucks with teams like the Raptors, and Bucks because they take defense personal and it's taught by them to do so. We need that here, as well which will help a TON I believe even with our offensive half court woes, defensive turnovers will generate so many fastbreak points which the way our young guys thrive in.

Don't get frustrated

Both things can be true

The Kings only had one other quarter like that the whole season. It was the exception. But added to that, yes they rotations and intensity could've been better.

He playing against taller and older dudes brah. He not at Duke anymore

AD wasn't dpoy candidate his rookie year either. Most people aren't going be in that discussion until after a couple of seasons into their career

Take a breath and relax

Btw y'all should check out David Grubb Hard in the paint podcast. They hit on how I'm feeling atm on this episode
Don't get frustrated

Both things can be true

The Kings only had one other quarter like that the whole season. It was the exception. But added to that, yes they rotations and intensity could've been better.

He playing against taller and older dudes brah. He not at Duke anymore

AD wasn't dpoy candidate his rookie year either. Most people aren't going be in that discussion until after a couple of seasons into their career

Take a breath and relax
Effort fam. That's all I want to see and I'm good. But I have fixed expectations now bro I'm good.

Btw y'all should check out David Grubb Hard in the paint podcast. They hit on how I'm feeling atm on this episode

Effort fam. That's all I want to see and I'm good. But I have fixed expectations now bro I'm good.
Sometimes it's just not your night

That's the great thing about sports

@AP21 this the shit I'm talking about fam. Commentators even calling this shit out. I get it for the young guys, but feel bad for JJ Reddick and the vets who had different expectations. I'll chill though bro.

@AP21 this the shit I'm talking about fam. Commentators even calling this shit out. I get it for the young guys, but feel bad for JJ Reddick and the vets who had different expectations. I'll chill though bro.
Man I'm the wrong person to discuss what commentators outside of Joel Meyers and Antonio Daniels think.

I literally do not give a single fuck about any outside commentary

With that said, yes, the intensity and focus should be more apparent. It's the first quarter. Let's see how the rest of the half goes

Back