Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Mike Tyson had Evander Holyfield on his podcast recently. Listening to them explain their gameplan when they fought, specifically Evander, is exactly why i love the sport so much. At that level, these guys are geniuses. I already respected Evander Holyfield as a legend, but this interview gave me a newfound respect for him.

Listening to him explain how he studies his opponents and strategizes is a work of art. The whole interview is good, but i timestamped the part im talking about.

@Duwop theres a part where Evander basically says the same thing about Mike you been saying all these years. It aint a direct quote because i only watched it once, but he basically said that he realized after Kevin Rooney was no longer training Mike that "he's normal now". And he realized that the mastery of that peek a boo style Mike displayed with Rooney training him diminished after he left. Then he broke down the flaws and holes in tbe style and how he was able to counter him. Its wild bruh.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always good to be vindicated.

I be knowing what the fuck I be talking about.... And while some people recognize it....a lot of motherfuckers just don't think I be knowing.

I've maintained for years that Mike's decline started when Rooney left. Way before he ever lost to Douglas. I've consistently argued this point over like 7-8 boxing forums and Facebook groups... Shit crazy...

People think I be pulling shit out my ass but here is one of the most intelligent fighters to ever get in the ring...a man who was considered the best heavyweight in the same generation Mike existed.... And he says Mike ain't look human until Rooney left...

I keep telling people, Mike with Rooney was the closest thing to perfection we as humans will ever see. And they never lived up to his full potential because Rooney left Mike at 21.

If Rooney stays with Mike his entire career..... How we look at his legacy would be dramatically different.

Imagine Mike at a full mature 25-30 fighting under Rooney..... Dude would have destroyed holyfield Moorer Lewis bowe

He would have clipped big George for coming out of retirement

He woulda prolly killed tua and Ruiz

Shit would have been different.... So much different.

10 more years with Rooney and Mike would have universally been considered the best to ever do it...

Who the fuck PEAKS at 21?

We got 21 year olds now who ain't ready for the next level.

Now we gotta deal with a nigga who fight like this...

tenor.gif

Them niggaz is not gonna fight and fuck up money.... They was just being animated... Shit was not real...

And they full of shit to sit there and say that's not the image boxing wants to promote when the most memorable face offs of all time are when niggaz wild out....

Shits dumb

I am not okay with them banning the fucking face off...

Neither one of these professional fucking athletes are going to fuck up a career pay day cuz they got emotional...

It's stupid....they didn't even need serious separation....I could see if they were grabbing each other or out of control...

They did light work shoving to sell a super fight... Like what the fuck??

This shit is supposed to happen.... I'm legit blown right now...

Also drunk.... But more blown

I didn’t want to see this but this is the 2nd time I heard Laila say put the bread up and she’ll do it

Now I’m for it

Don’t keep talking and if she ain’t shying away and welcoming the energy from Shields. Let’s get it done

They may have to do it on a Spence PPV as co main even to get the bread but it’s doable

Back