Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Plans To Start Using The Weekly Format

I was in on snowfall until a scene in season 1 that had some sus shit. I was already losing interest cause of the other storyline outside of the main character but that did it.

Maybe I’ll pick it back up though

Mindhunter I wanna watch but I don’t have the time.
Damn man, you need to pick Snowfall back up. Season 2 picks up and it's been great ever since

@Goldie must've forgot the All-At-Once vs Weekly poll results...

Screenshot 2019-09-03 at 4.02.55 PM.png

people rather watch shit when they want to watch it... weekly didnt get a single damn vote fam. And you can try that slick shit saying "oh ur speaking from a consumer standpoint and not a business standpoint"

As a business... you give the customers what they want... they want it bad enough they'll pay for it... I could see if yall was arguing for companies that still ran commercials as a business model.. but naw... Netflix getting paid regardless

This is a smart move imo.

With alot of Netflix shows, the hype for their shows be dead in a week after everybody binged it. Compared to shows like GOT and Snowfall who's hype lasts for months due to the weekly format.

aight I completely get that, but does "hype" actually gain them anything?

like im asking how does that change the money whether people watch a season in three days or a month if they get the same 13 bucks?

I guess just covering more time and creating more convo is supposed to make new people sign up

@Goldie must've forgot the All-At-Once vs Weekly poll results...

View attachment 165294

people rather watch shit when they want to watch it... weekly didnt get a single damn vote fam. And you can try that slick shit saying "oh ur speaking from a consumer standpoint and not a business standpoint"

As a business... you give the customers what they want... they want it bad enough they'll pay for it... I could see if yall was arguing for companies that still ran commercials as a business model.. but naw... Netflix getting paid regardless

You're talking from a consumer pov fam.

The people are gonna watch regardless, just like they watch GOT, Snowfall and all the other weekly shows.

Going with the weekly format is the smart business move.

But that happens w/ weekly shows as well.

Especially weekly shows that have only 10-13 episode seasons to begin with.
like, how many people in the Flash thread right now talking about how 23 episodes a season is too long, then they got the fucking nerve to break that shit up over the span of a year

aight I completely get that, but does "hype" actually gain them anything?

like im asking how does that change the money whether people watch a season in three days or a month if they get the same 13 bucks?

I guess just covering more time and creating more convo is supposed to make new people sign up

People talking about your product/show/etc is free advertising. We just seen that shit with Popeyes.

$23M worth of free advertising: https://newsone.com/3885114/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-free-advertising/

People talking about your company/product will always generate money.

• Goat
Reactions: 1/2

The people are gonna watch regardless, just like they watch GOT, Snowfall and all the other weekly shows.

it only benefits them if the show is good

i JUST mentioned the flash...so you telling me people would rather watch 23 episodes of that week to week? I gave up last season b/c the week to week shit (for a show not that good in the first place) just pisses you off with the "come back next week to find out how Barry gonna fuck this up" cliffhanger lol

it only benefits them if the show is good

i JUST mentioned the flash...so you telling me people would rather watch 23 episodes of that week to week? I gave up last season b/c the week to week shit (for a show not that good in the first place) just pisses you off with the "come back next week to find out how Barry gonna fuck this up" cliffhanger lol

Cmon fam, if we're gonna do this then lets have a serious conversation. What show on netflix has 23 fuckin episodes?!? Most have 8.

Cmon fam, if we're gonna do this then lets have a serious conversation. What show on netflix has 23 fuckin episodes?!? Most have 8.
netflix original?? none that i know of

but the conversation is week to week vs binging...

still using the flash as an example, i would rather binge all of those episodes to keep from being pissed off at waiting w2w including seasonal breaks

netflix original?? none that i know of

but the conversation is week to week vs binging...

You can't even think of one lol Then why bring it up?

Pretty much every show has 8-10 episodes, just like the shows on HBO that niggas watch every week.

How do you figure the weekly format is the smart business move? Especially if like YOU said.. people are gonna watch regardless?

Are you thinking that WEEKLY engagement is greater than the hype of folks wanting to see it as soon as it drops?

Weekly engagement also means spending more money on advertising....

Me seeing the whole timeline absolutely flooded with a certain topic is prolly gonna get my attention more than seeing just a few muhfuckas talking about it once a week.

Weekly releases also doesnt take into consideration people that may or may not have the attention spans to stay engaged... Some shows dont pick up until the 3rd episode... a lotta folks may stick it through if ALL are available... a lot will bail if their interest isn't piqued in the first WEEK or TWO .. folks are fickle

You can't even think of one lol Then why bring it up?

Pretty much every show has 8-10 episodes, just like the shows on HBO that niggas watch every week.
the conversation.....is about...binging vs week to week

using the flash as an outlier...i would prefer to binge 23 episodes vs watching them week to week

even though most netflix shows are around 10 episodes with 13 reasons why being 13, I would prefer to watch it all at once vs week to week.

but all this aside, using your logic, i would be hard pressed to think that GOT popularity wouldnt have been just as big if it was released all at once vs week 2 week.

How do you figure the weekly format is the smart business move? Especially if like YOU said.. people are gonna watch regardless?

Are you thinking that WEEKLY engagement is greater than the hype of folks wanting to see it as soon as it drops?

Weekly engagement also means spending more money on advertising....

Me seeing the whole timeline absolutely flooded with a certain topic is prolly gonna get my attention more than seeing just a few muhfuckas talking about it once a week.

Weekly releases also doesnt take into consideration people that may or may not have the attention spans to stay engaged... Some shows dont pick up until the 3rd episode... a lotta folks may stick it through if ALL are available... a lot will bail if their interest isn't piqued in the first WEEK or TWO .. folks are fickle

You're acting like niggas aren't tuning into the weekly shows that are already out. Niggas are watching Power, GOT, Snowfall, etc. It's a formula that's been working for decades and will continue to work.

People talking about a show for 3 days>>>>>>>>> 3 months. It's as simple as that.

the conversation.....is about...binging vs week to week

using the flash as an outlier...i would prefer to binge 23 episodes vs watching them week to week

even though most netflix shows are around 10 episodes with 13 reasons why being 13, I would prefer to watch it all at once vs week to week.

but all this aside, using your logic, i would be hard pressed to think that GOT popularity wouldnt have been just as big if it was released all at once vs week 2 week.

You're talking to me from a consumer pov. This conversation is going no where.

You're talking to me from a consumer pov. This conversation is going no where.

Aite how bout this fam... you mentioned popeyes right..... and how people talking about your product is free advertising?

People talking about your product/show/etc is free advertising. We just seen that shit with Popeyes.

$23M worth of free advertising: https://newsone.com/3885114/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-free-advertising/

People talking about your company/product will always generate money.

niggas on this very board said they had that sammich months before social media took off with it and made it a thing...

Popeyes tried a slow release... lets call it... a weekly rollout lolll..

But then they let niggas binge on that sammich nationwide... and look at all that free advertising they got.. what was better for business?

:hahaha:

Back