Welcome To aBlackWeb

Nas Says Current Generation of Rappers Don't Keep Him 'Up at Night'

Everybody sound the same these days and basically rapping damn near on the sound beats. I remember growing up, artists had their own signature sound and you can tell where they were from by the dialect, accent and the stories that they rapped about. Example, you can listen to a Juvenile or BG album and you can tell they were from New Orleans, then go listen to some Pat (Project Pat) and get that Memphis sound, then listen to some Mobb Deep and get that gritty New York sound. The crazy part about it is that all of these songs will be on the radio at the same time

@Neutron Don I think you misunderstanding Nas point. He has cosigned a LOT of newer artist, Griselda Boys and Durk in the last few months to name a few

However he isn't putting down any of them. He stated he hears a lot of great records but they simply not memorable. That could be debatable depending on ya taste but don't spin it as if he shitting on new rappers cause he isn't

Personally, outside of Benny and Conway albums, I haven't ran back a single new artist record in the last year.

No. I mean the next generation of underground queens rappers not already established rapper,smh.
So he should be out there finding young niggas taking them under his wing? Lol ok.

Nas got damn near 30yrs of work for niggas to learn off of but he's supposed to still guide up and coming niggas on how to rap with substance?

So he should be out there finding young niggas taking them under his wing? Lol ok.

Nas got damn near 30yrs of work for niggas to learn off of but he's supposed to still guide up and coming niggas on how to rap with substance?
I already addressed this he can put a S.O.S.A. guild learning center in Queens to cultivate the next generation but he won't he scared to compete.

No. I mean the next generation of underground queens rappers not already established rapper,smh.
giphy.gif

@Neutron Don I think you misunderstanding Nas point. He has cosigned a LOT of newer artist, Griselda Boys and Durk in the last few months to name a few

However he isn't putting down any of them. He stated he hears a lot of great records but they simply not memorable. That could be debatable depending on ya taste but don't spin it as if he shitting on new rappers cause he isn't

Personally, outside of Benny and Conway albums, I haven't ran back a single new artist record in the last year.
Those dudes are old themselves we talking next generation new blood of nyc.

Lmaooo.

Nas came up in the 90s. The most competive time ever in hip hop. Shit was a bloodbath.

And he came out of it as the best rapper in his era.

But hes scared to compete?

Yall just be saying shit

Back